Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says President Muhammadu Buhari is Nigeria’s most popular politician in generations. The Vice President said this during an interactive session with top officials of Nigeria’s High Commission in the United Kingdom during the weekend.
2. Suspected members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), the militant arm of the separatist group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), have written to Ukwulu Community in Dunukofia LGA of Anambra State, warning them of plans to attack the community over failure to observe sit-at-home order. According to sources, members of the community woke up on Sunday morning to a notice pasted in parts of the area, warning them of not adhering to the exercise.
3. The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams, on Sunday, urged the Benin Republic government to release Yoruba nation agitator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo fondly called Sunday Igboho, from detention unconditionally. Adams, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Aderemi, also congratulated Igboho on his 49th birthday anniversary, saying the best way to appreciate God in the life of the Yoruba nation agitator is to continue to live for humanity.
4. Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has written a letter to the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), threatening to sue the AGF if he fails to recover $62bn from international oil companies as ordered by the Supreme Court. Falana said this in a letter on Sunday titled, ‘Request for Compliance with Judgment of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in suit No SC. 964/2016 between Akwa Ibom & Two Others v Attorney-General of the Federation’.
5. The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, says only God can take his life. Tinubu stated this on Sunday at a welcome-back event held in his honour at the State House in Marina, Lagos. The event was attended by House of Representatives Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila; Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, and his deputy, Femi Hamzat; Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, among other APC chieftains in Lagos.
6. The Chairman Emeritus of DAAR Communications Plc, Raymond Dokpesi, on Saturday said one of the greatest errors of his life was going into polygamy. According to him, contrary to the impression that he entered into polygamy because of his wealth, he revealed that it was due to internal family challenge. He stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja at the weekend as part of the activities to mark his 70th birthday.
7. The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG), on Sunday, said that the planned strike by its affiliate members, Petroleum Tanker Drivers (PTD), has been suspended. Mr Tayo Aboyeji, the South-West Zonal Chairman of NUPENG, disclosed this in an interview on Sunday.
8. Former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George, has picked holes in the zoning formula adopted by the party, saying the decision to “hang the Presidency” in the air is dangerous. According to Bode George, there should be no ambiguity about the fact that the Presidency should go to the South with the zoning of the chairmanship position to the North.
9. The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has pledged N2 million cash reward to any person with vital information on the identity and activities of unknown gunmen terrorising the state. He assured that the identity of the informant would remain secret. He made this known at the weekend during a one day prayer summit, held at the newly built Christian Ecumenical centre, Abakiliki city capital.
10. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said that a group of drug cartels have abducted an unnamed retired personnel of the agency after officers arrested a 19-year-old female drug dealer, Mngunengen Achir, in Benue State. The Spokesman of the agency, Femi Babafemi, said this on Sunday in Abuja in a statement.
News5 days ago
Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB gives conditions to dialogue with Buhari govt
Arewa1 day ago
Security agents chase, destroy bandits’ camp in Katsina, recover rustled animals
Crime3 days ago
NSC confirms attack on Oyo prison
Law5 days ago
Court sends Nnamdi Kanu back to DSS custody, adjourns till November
Buhari2 weeks ago
COVID-19: FG to ban unvaccinated workers from offices December 1
Crime2 weeks ago
Army neutralises three unknown gunmen in Anambra
News2 days ago
Man Utd vs Liverpool: Solskjaer speaks on resigning as manager after 5-0 defeat
News3 weeks ago
FEC approves N16.39trn 2022 budget proposal