1. The Senate has uncovered how the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) shared the sum of N1billion among staff. The agency also gave the Nigeria Police N475million. The sum was doled out as COVID-19 relief package and purchase of some items. Chairman, Senate Ad hoc Committee on Investigation of the alleged Financial Recklessness, Olubunmi Adetunmbi, gave a breakdown of how the fund was disbursed.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Thursday confirmed that indirect mode of primary will be used during the July 20, 2020 primaries of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ondo. The electoral body said that both the APC and PDP will use indirect primaries. The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC in Ondo State, Ambassador Rufus Akeju who disclosed this in Akure confirmed that the indirect mode of primary election was communicated to INEC through a letter from the APC National Secretariat.
3. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, his Ekiti State counterpart, Kayode Fayemi and the Minister of Transport, Chibuike Amaechi, have been accused of masterminding the crisis rocking the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State. Chairman of the APC in Ondo State, Hon. Henry Olu Olatuja, accused the three prominent politicians of instigating an undemocratic process and causing intra-party crisis in the state. According to Olatuja ten of the governorship aspirants in the state for the July 20 governorship primary may boycott the exercise over the adoption of indirect mode of primary.
4. The federal government has stopped subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as petrol. Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, announced this on Thursday. He said the decision was in line with the deregulation of the downstream oil sector. Sylva, in a statement, noted that the move would boost the economic growth and development of Nigeria.
5. A Redeemed Christian Church of God Pastor, RCCG,Gideon Bakare, in Akure has been suspended after being caught while trying to sleep with a member’s wife. Bakare was caught in a viral video sitting half naked in a compromising position with a woman who was described as a wife of a member of the church’s branch in Akure, Ondo State capital. Reacting, the RCCG spokesperson, Olaitan Olubiyi said Bakare has been suspended for attempting adultery.
6. Gal Pissetzky, Lawyer to the alleged international fraudster, Ramon Abbas also known as Hushpuppi, has said that the Nigerian is not a fraudster. Pissetzky said that the internet celebrity is a legitimate businessman who deals on real estate, Hushpuppi’s lawyer made the claims while speaking with Forbes on Thursday.
7. Former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar, has opened up about a raid conducted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in 2017 on his house. In a statement issued on Thursday and signed by his military assistant, J. Mfon, Abubakar said operatives from the anti-graft agency went to his guest house in error, but didn’t conduct any search of the property.
8. Four Hundred and Ninety-nine, 499, new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Nigeria. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, announced the figure on Thursday. NCDC said Lagos State recorded 157 cases, while Edo State followed with 59 cases. Nigeria now has a total of 30,748 confirmed cases and 689 deaths.
9. The British High Commission in Nigeria on Thursday disclosed that it would treat visa applications from Nigerians ready to travel to the UK soon. A statement by the British Commission said it would restart the process once it is “safe to do so.”
10. A prosecution witness in the trial of Dauda Lawal, former Executive Director, First Bank Plc, has told Justice Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, how he delivered 12 padlocked bags containing $70 million to an Abuja-based banker. He said this was on the instruction of ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke. A statement by the EFCC spokesman, Dele Oyewale, quoted the witness as narrating that he delivered the bags loaded with cash to the banker, one Charles, in front of Dume Supermarket in Abuja.
News3 weeks ago
Ballon d’Or 2020 cancelled – Daily Post Nigeria
Arewa2 weeks ago
47 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists surrender, finger leadership crisis
World News3 weeks ago
Jeff Bezos becomes £10bn richer in just one day as Amazon shares surge | Business News
Hausa3 weeks ago
Me Ya Sami Shugaban NDDC?
News2 weeks ago
EPL: Pedro leaves Chelsea – Daily Post Nigeria
Arewa1 week ago
BREAKING: Boko Haram fires bombs at Borno residents, 2 killed, many injured
Education2 days ago
Lagos Govt directs JSS3 students registered for NECO BECE to resume Monday
More1 week ago
Iran fires ballistic missiles at mock-up of US aircraft carrier in Gulf | World News