Good morning! Here us today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Court of Appeal, Abuja, on Monday stayed the execution of a Federal Capital Territory High Court ruling which suspended the National Chairman of the All Progressives Party (APC), Adams Oshiomhole.
The Justice Abubakar Datti Yshaya-led three-man panel of the Appeal Court unanimously granted the reliefs contained in an ex-parte motion argued by lead lawyer to Oshiomhole and the APC, Wole Olanipekun (SAN).
2. A Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court, has granted an interim order declaring Victor Giadom, acting National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), to act as the party’s National Chairman.
The Judge, Justice Samira Bature gave the order on Monday after listening to an ex-parte motion filed by Mustapha Salihu, the party’s national vice chairman, north-east.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC governors on Monday postponed National Executive Council meeting of the party.
They took the decision after a meeting held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja in a session lasted barely 15 minutes after the governors went behind closed doors with Buhari upon arriving at the State House about 3.06pm.
4. The Coalition of Opposition Political Parties, CUPP, has dragged President Muhammadu Buhari to court to stop him from borrowing the proposed $22.7 foreign loan.
CUPP, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, said the move to stop the borrowing was due to the alleged project lopsidedness, lack of financial prudence, security, alleged plan to use the loan for frivolous projects, over-costing of projects, corruption, misapplication, and incompetence.
5. The World Health Organisation (WHO) says there are now over 300 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Africa.
The UN health agency relayed said countries affected include: Algeria 48, South Africa 51, Senegal 24, Cameroon 3, Nigeria 2, Burkina Faso 7, Togo 1, DRC 3, Cote d’Ivoire 5, Ghana 2, Gabon 1, Kenya 3, Ethiopia 4, Guinea 1, Rwanda 5, Namibia 2, E Guinea 1, Seychelles 2, CAR 1, Congo 1, Mauritania 1, Eswatini 1, Liberia 1, Egypt 110, Morocco 28, Tunisia 18, Sudan 1.
6. A member of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), Sola Oguntade was reportedly attacked by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Araromi area of Oba-Ile in Akure North area of Ondo State.
He was attacked at Owode/Araromi axis along airport road on last week Friday night while he was working with his motorcycle.
7. A former governor of Ekiti State, Chief Segun Oni, said on Monday that he, along with his supporters, had resolved to leave the ruling All Progressives Congress for the Peoples Democratic Party.
Oni, a former APC Deputy National Chairman, South, said the decision to return to his former party, the PDP, was in line with the people’s clamour to move on.
8. The governorship candidate of the African Democratic Party in the 2019 governorship election in Lagos, Mr Babatunde Gbadamosi, formally defected to the state chapter Peoples Democratic Party on Monday.
The state Chairman of the PDP, Mr Deji Doherty, who received Gbadamosi and his supporters at a ceremony in the party’s secretariat in Ikeja, said the defection signalled an early preparation for the 2023 governorship election in the state.
9. A prosecution witness, Olaleye Isma’il, on Monday told a Borno State High Court in Maiduguri that Aisha Wakil, alias Mama Boko Haram, connived with two others to divert N111.7m contract funds. Isma’il, an investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, while being led in evidence by Benjamin Manji, told the court that as part of investigations into the alleged fraud, a forensic examination was conducted on the Samsung phones of the defendants.
10. United States Federal agents have nabbed 24 individuals for their involvement in a large-scale fraud and money laundering.
A statement by the US Department of Justice noted that affected persons and companies lost more than $30 million.
Arewa2 weeks ago
Wasiƙa daga Afrika: Me ya sa ake barazana ga ‘yan jarida a Najeriya?
Arewa2 weeks ago
Gobarar tankar mai ta kone gidaje da motoci a Neja – AREWA News
Arewa2 weeks ago
Hukumar Hisbah ta kama mabarata 643 a Kano – AREWA News
Crime2 weeks ago
Summon Malami To Provide Evidence Of Corruption Against Me, Magu Tells Salami Panel
Education2 weeks ago
ASUU advises FG to review fuel pump price increase
News2 weeks ago
Oshiomhole threatens to deal with me ― Dep gov’s wife petitions police
More2 weeks ago
Nobody has hijacked FG’s public work program in Kogi – Committee Chairman, Raji
Arewa1 week ago
Boko Haram: My life is in danger – Mailafia cries out after third DSS invitation