1. Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, on Monday led a protest against the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) following the declaration of sit-at-home order by the group. Obiano led the protest in Awka, the State capital, after traders refused to engage in economic activities.
2. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has fixed October 2, 2021 for state congresses. This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, Sen John James Akpanudoedehe, on Monday.
3. Gunmen suspected to be members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Monday stormed the Comprehensive Secondary School, Nkume in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State and stopped students from taking their examination. In a video making the rounds on social media, the gunmen set ablaze some motorcycles belonging to some of staff and students.
4. The Federal Government has said over 1.6 million eligible persons have been fully vaccinated. The Executive-Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Dr. Faisal Shuaib, said this at the national briefing of the Presidential Steering Committee (PSC), on Monday.
5. The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has said, at least, 240 inmates escaped from the Medium Security Custodial Centre (MSCC) in Kabba, Kogi State, following an invasion by yet-to-be identified gunmen that killed four soldiers and injured others. The Spokesman of NCoS, Mr Francis Enobore, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Monday, said the attack took place at about midnight on Sunday.
6. Unknown gunmen attacked and killed 12 people and injured two others in Peigyim village, near Kibori, Atyap Chiefdom of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area. The Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan confirmed the incident in a statement on Monday.
7. At least, three persons died yesterday after a mud building collapsed at Yakasawa Kwari Village in Ringim LGA area of Jigawa State. Police Spokesman, ASP Lawan Shiisu Adam, confirmed the incident to newsmen on Monday.
8. Big Brother Naija Shine Ya Eye housemates shed tears yesterday as former housemate, Kayvee, spoke to them weeks after his withdrawal from the show. In a video from Big Brother, Kayvee spoke to the housemates via a TV screen in the house on Monday, day 51 of the show.
9. Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Ajuri Ngelale, on Monday, knocked Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, for being allegedly tribalistic and aggressive in his pursuit for the collection of Value Added Taxes by the South-South state. Ngelale noted that the Federal Government has not been taking the money made in the oil-rich Niger Delta to Northern Nigeria.
10. The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Farouk Yahaya, says he will no longer tolerate excuses from army commanders who are leading the fight against terrorism and all other forms of security challenges. Yahaya, who stated this during the opening ceremony of the combined second and third quarters Chief of Army Staff conference in Abuja, maintained that the Nigerian Army under his watch would remain resolute and continue to chart progressive paths towards tackling all challenges bedeviling the country.
News5 days ago
Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB gives conditions to dialogue with Buhari govt
Arewa1 day ago
Security agents chase, destroy bandits’ camp in Katsina, recover rustled animals
Crime3 days ago
NSC confirms attack on Oyo prison
Law5 days ago
Court sends Nnamdi Kanu back to DSS custody, adjourns till November
Buhari2 weeks ago
COVID-19: FG to ban unvaccinated workers from offices December 1
Crime2 weeks ago
Army neutralises three unknown gunmen in Anambra
News2 days ago
Man Utd vs Liverpool: Solskjaer speaks on resigning as manager after 5-0 defeat
News3 weeks ago
FEC approves N16.39trn 2022 budget proposal