Barely few days after an attack by thugs suspected to have been sent by the minister of labour and productivity, Chris Ngige on protesting members of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), the union has vowed to stage a comeback against the minister on Monday.
A circular sent to all the affiliated unions, signed by the President of NLC, Mr. Ayuba Wabba and obtained by our SaharaReporters said that the organised labour would picket the office of Ngige for undermining and disparaging the collective sensibilities of Nigerian workers.
The NLC accused Ngige of organising his political bandits to attack Nigerian workers when his resident in Abuja was picketed last week.
Wabba alleged that Ngige had been scheming relentlessly to push Comrade Frank Kokori out of office as the Chairman of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund ( NSITF) by refusing to inaugurate the board with Kokori as head.
The circular added: “This is brazen continuation of Ngige’s antics and machinations against the common interest of the Nigerian workers, which obviously played out with his subversive and divisive tendencies all throughout the negotiation period for a new minimum wage.
“Tomorrow will go down in history that there was once a Minister of Labour that was picketed out of office and circulation.”
Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) on assumption of duty in 2018 had singled out Ngige and the Minister of State for Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika for refusing to inaugurate board of directors despite their nomination and approval by President Muhammadu Buhari.
At a point, Oshiomhole threatened to sanction the two ministers, but despite the threat, none of the duo had inaugurated the board of directors in their various ministries.
Armed men storm Rivers community, kill 15
Rampaging armed cultists invaded the community, raiding the home of rival cult members, killing at random.
A source in the community, who confirmed the killing, said the community have been witnessing cult related attacks as result of supremacy battle among rival gangs.
The source, who is a youth leader in the community identified as, Ana Hyacinth, said the incident has forced inhabitants to desert the community.
He called on government at all levels to urgently intervene in the situation to rescue the people.
“We woke up to a very gory situation in Kono Bo-ue Community to the fact that over 15 fifteen people were shot and killed by an armed cult group.
“It is unfortunate that despite moves by the governor to put an end to these killings, cultists have continued to Carey out attacks,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Rivers State police command has been contacted and were yet to react to the killing in Kono Bo-ue community in Khana Local Government Area at the time of this report.
Kaduna: ECWA pastor, daughter, 16 others kidnapped
The Nation reports that the Pastor and 16 others, among whom were his daughter and son of the pastor of Assemblies of God Church, were seized by gunmen within the church premises during service on Sunday.
Zaria DCC Secretary of the church, Rev Nath Waziri said “It is sad to inform you that one of our pastors, his daughter and 15 other members of ECWA Church Dankade were kidnapped in the early hours of today.
“The church hosted a combined choir fellowship Saturday night to early hours of today. Then, this morning (Sunday), kidnappers stormed the church, when the gunmen came, they asked everyone in the church to surrender his or her phones and demanded the whereabouts of the pastor.
“After threatening the choristers they became afraid and showed them the pastor’s home. They took him away and his daughter with 15 others, including the son of the pastor of Assemblies of God Church.”
He added that as at 10 p.m. on Sunday, no contact has been established with the kidnappers.
Kwara: Gov. Ahmed speaks on ‘moving’ State-owned property out of Government House
The Government, in a statement to DAILY POST on Monday, dismissed the story making the rounds in some quarters as false news.
It was reported that Gov Ahmed and some other government officials in the Government House, Ilorin were moving government property just few days to the end of their tenure.
However, in a brief statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Dr Muyideen Akorede, the government said what was being erroneously circulated were images of a truck load of charity (Zakat) items provided by Alhaji Aliko Dangote through his foundation which were being taken out of government house for distribution to people in keeping with the annual practice.
The statement added, “Clearly, those were not government property. For the record, all government property inside government house are bar-coded and contained in an inventory which will be handed over to the incoming government.”
News3 days ago
Kenya’s Ex-President, Arap Moi Ordered To Pay $10.05m For Seizing Widow’s Land
Hausa3 days ago
Gwamnonin arewa za su zabi sabon shugaban a wurin taron da suka fara a Kaduna
Hausa2 days ago
Shin kun san kasar da zubar da ciki ya fi haihuwa yawa?
Hausa2 days ago
Kare ya ceto jaririn da aka binne da rai
News3 days ago
Why AAC’s suspension of Sowore as Chairman does not stand – INEC
Arewa1 day ago
Saraki: How Kwara people ‘flogged’ us out of office – Senate President’s ally, Ali Ahmad
Arewa18 hours ago
Kano: Masu zanga-zanga sun yi arangama da ‘yan sanda
Arewa1 day ago
Yaron da aka sace don ya zama dan jagora a Najeriya | BBC Hausa