The stringent conditions attached to the bail of leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, by the Kaduna State Government, have been rejected by the group.
In a statement by the organisation’s spokesperson, Abdullahi Musa, shortly after a brief protest by members in Abuja on Thursday, the IMN said that the conditions attached to the bail application was a ploy by Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, to silence El-Zakzaky in detention.
Musa said, “Sequel to the press statement released by Kaduna State Government dated August 7 and signed by Samuel Aruwan stating terms and conditions for the medical leave of Sheikh Zakzaky and his wife, we wish to inform the public that the conditions are not more than a desperate move by el-Rufai to assassinate the Sheikh in detention, and we hereby turn down the conditions.”
The Kaduna State Government, had among other things, asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to verify if truly El-Zakzaky and his wife, Zeenah, have medical appointments with the Medanta Hospital, India.
It also asked the Federal Government to get the Indian government to commit to an agreement that it would not grant asylum to the IMN leader and his wife under any circumstance.
Ronaldo states how many FIFA World Cups he would have won with Brazil
Danilo, who also played alongside Ronaldo during their time at Real Madrid, made the revelation when speaking to DAZN Brazil.
“I knew him from our time at Real Madrid and it was nice to be back with him at Juve,” Danilo said.
“Along with his great quality, Ronaldo has this attention for detail that really explains the results he has achieved.
“He even told me that, if he had played for Brazil, we would’ve won another five World Cups already.”
Ronaldo, a five-time Ballon D’ Or winner, has been impressive for both club and country so far this season.
The 34-year-old is among the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Europe top individual prize alongside Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk.
Fear as Ekiti varsity makes move to fire 500 Staff
The staff, according to multiple sources, were those that were employed by the immediate past Vice-Chancellor, Prof Samuel Oye Bandele during his tenure.
Again, some professors, who were promoted during that time might be demoted over allegation that academic due process was not strictly adhered to in their elevations.
One of the affected persons, who craved anonymity, said the new management, headed by Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Prof Bamitale Omole, had consistently been complaining that over-bloated workforce exists in the university and that prompt action must be taken to rectify it.
The Academics Staff Union of Universities, EKSU chapter, had in September threatened to embark on strike owing to the inability to pay their salaries and other benefits.
The ASUU chairman, Dr Kayode Arogundade, disclosed that the monthly wage bill of the university had increased from N380 million to over N502 million, while the monthly subvention from government stood at N260 million, leaving the university to grapple hard to make up for the N262m shortfall internally.
The source, who was employed as an academic staff said: “yes, it was true, the management will soon issue out sack letters to over 500 staff because of complains that the university was overstaffed.
“We have been notified and anytime from now, the letters of disengagement will be distributed and this has been creating panic and tension in the university “, he said.
It was also gathered that some lecturers, who circumvented academic process to earn their professorial titles and other positions, will be demoted.
Debunking the allegation, the EKSU’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. Bode Olofinmuagun, said the management has no plan to sack or demote any worker.
“There is no tension on campus over sack issue. I am on campus as I speak with you. The university is peaceful and I am not aware of any such plan”, he said.
House Speaker Gbajabiamila congratulates Lyon, Bello, appeals for support for APC
Gbajabiamila, in a congratulatory message by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Lanre Lasisi, said the victories recorded by the APC candidates in the two States was an indication of the wide acceptance of the party in the two States.
The Speaker said Bayelsa State, in particular, has now joined the Next Level train, having seen the massive change driven by the APC-led government at the federal level.
“It is gladdening to know that our party, the APC, came out victorious in the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States. This is a testimony that Nigerians across the length and breadth of the country are beginning to realise what the APC means for the country.
“This victory is not for the party or its members alone, but for the entirety of Nigerians.
“May I call on the two governors-elect to be magnanimous in victory. The APC stands for the good of Nigerians, and I know the two governors-elect are part of the journey to make Nigeria better,” the Speaker said.
He called on the people of the two States, including members of the opposition parties, to join hands with the governors-elect to make their States great.
News3 days ago
El-Rufai states position on border closure
Hausa2 days ago
‘An tafka magudi a zaben Kogi’ | BBC Hausa
Arewa2 days ago
Boat conveying journalists covering Bayelsa election capsizes
Arewa1 day ago
Kogi decides: ‘This is helicopter election’ – Senator Dino Melaye rejects result, reveals how APC rigged
Arewa9 hours ago
Bayelsa Decides: Jonathan, Patience celebrate Lyon’s victory with APC leaders
Education2 days ago
Za A Tabbatar Da Gina Jami’ar Assalam
Hausa1 day ago
PDP, SDP sun yi watsi da sakamakon zaben Kogi tun kafin a kammala hada sakamako | BBC Hausa
News2 days ago
Kogi Decides: Tension in Gbeleko as Speaker allegedly chases PDP agents