Connect with us

Arewa

FG speaks on postponement of NECO exam

Published

on

The Federal Ministry of Education has called on states, local governments and religious organisations to embark on intensive sensitisation in order to bring more pupils on board in its NECO examination.

Minister of Education Adamu Adamu made this known in Abuja on Friday during the 12th Edition of the ministerial press briefing.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the National Examination Council (NECO) postponed the date of examination from April 13 to April 27.

Adamu, who was represented by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Mr Sonny Echono, said the postponement of the examination was necessitated by the poor number of pupils that registered for it.

He said that some states had as low as 200 applicants for the 2019 examinations.

Adamu added that so far, 69,568 candidates had registered for the 2019 NECO examinations into unity schools, while insisting that the ministry hopes to meet the target of 80,000 applicants.

The National Examination Council (NECO) is responsible for the conduct of the National Common Entrance Examination into unity schools across the country; candidates who registered in the 2018 exercise stood at 71,294 as against 80,421 in 2017.

“National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) originally billed to hold tomorrow Saturday, 13th April, 2019 has been postponed by two weeks, the new date for the examination is now Saturday, 27th April, 2019.

“Regrettable as it were, the postponement has become necessary due to request from over seven states of the Federation who have asked for an extension of time to enable them to enrol more candidates.

“Some of the states have less than 200 applicants enrolled for the examination and as such may not be able to fill their quota if not given the opportunity to enrol more candidates.

“Records available to me from NECO indicate that only 69,568 candidates had registered to sit for the examination, hence, the need for an extension of time for more registration,’’ he said.

Adamu said that the website for the registration would be closed on April 25.

He added that this would enable candidates register on the day of the examination, provided they have made payment and obtained their PIN on or before the closing date.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Arewa

Many feared dead, others injured as two-storey building collapses in Jos

Published

on

A two-storey building in Dilimi community of Jos North LGA of Plateau State, has collapsed, leading to the death of three persons, and others injured.

The building, which is located in a busy commercial area of Jos North, collapsed Monday evening.

When DAILY POST correspondent got to the scene of the incident, there was pandemonium, even as efforts were being made to rescue those trapped.

However, security operatives have cordoned off the area to prevent hoodlums from looting people’s belongings.

When DAILY POST contacted the spokesman of the State Police Command, DSP Mathias Terna Tyopev, he said they were aware of the incident, but cannot give any casualty figure.

“I’m waiting for a detailed information from the Divisional Police Officer of the area, so will get back to you when I get it,” he said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Yadda ‘yan bindiga 300 suka far wa kauyukan Katsina | BBC Hausa

Published

on

Soldiers
Image caption

Jami’an tsaro sun sha alwashin kawo karshen matsalar tsaro

Rundunar ‘yan sandan jihar ta Katsina, ta ce yan bindiga kimanin 300 ne suka far wa kauyuka uku na Kirtawa da Kinfau da Zamfarawan Madogara da ke yankunan kananan hukumomin Batsari da Safana.

A wata sanarwa, mai magana da yawun rundunar ‘yan sandan, DSP Gambo Isah ya ce hare-haren da aka kai ranar Asabar, sun yi sandiyyar mutuwar mutum 10, inda kuma aka jikkata mutum biyar.

DSP Gambo Isah ya kuma ce ‘yan bindigar sun rika harbin kan mai uwa da wabi inda suka tarwatsa mutanen kauyen.

Sanarwar ta kara da cewa maharan sun cinna wa ababan hawa wuta,bayan sun kora shanun da ba a san adadinsu ba.

Wani wanda harin ya rutsa da shi a kauyen Zamfarawan Madogara ya bayyana wa Sani Aliyu yadda lamarin ya auku.

Yadda aka far wa kauyukanmu

Wannan bawan Allah ya kara da kokawa dangane da yadda ‘yan bindiga ke satar mata a duk lokacin da suka kai hare-hare kauyukan nasu.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Buhari, APC, INEC reject Atiku, PDP’s move to play rigging video in court

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) have objected to the move by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to play a video before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT).

The Nation reports that their lawyers objected when the petitioners’ lawyer, Chris Uche (SAN) invited Atiku’s Media Aide, Segun Showunmi, through whom Uche intended to play the video recordings and tender about 48 documents.

But, Alex. Izinyon (SAN), for Buhari; Adeniyi Akintola (SAN); and Yunus Usman (SAN), for INEC kicked on on the grounds that the petitioners did not front-load the items as required under the Electoral Act.

Tribunal Chairman, Justice Mohammed Garba, then stood down proceedings to consider arguments by parties and rule on whether or not to allow the document and video recordings.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: