1. Despite assurances of availability of Premium Motor Spirit by the Federal Government, many petrol stations in Osun were not selling the product.
A trip round the Osun State capital and its environs on Sunday showed that many of the petrol stations were under lock and key, while there were long queues at stations selling.
2. The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu on Sunday assured Nigerians that there is sufficient Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), also known as fuel in the country.
Kachikwu said that the country had gone past the era of fuel scarcity and urged motorists to desist from panic buying.
3. The Nigerian Air Force, NAF, said it lost one of its personnel during parachuting accident in Kaduna on Sunday.
NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, in a statement in Sunday said, the Nigerian Air Force is sad to announce the passing of one of its airmen, Corporal Meshach Iliya Komo, who died in Kaduna today, April 14, 2019, in a parachuting accident during re-currency training.
4. The National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Lanre Issa-Onilu, has said the ruling party was working on a zoning arrangement for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly.
Speaking with reporters in Abuja Sunday night, Issa-Onilu disclosed that the party will soon release the zoning arrangements for the principal positions of the incoming 9th National Assembly.
5. The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association (PENGASSAN) have advised President Muhammadu Buhari to shun any counsel that would destabilise or cause chaos in the economy.
A statement signed by Mr. Okugbawa Lumumba, PENGASSAN General Secretary and Afolabi Olawale, NUPENG’s General Secretary, said that the IMF advice on how to recover Nigerian economy was worrisome as it had become counter productive.
6. The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says the Federal Government has approved commencement of work on Nigeria-Seme-Benin Republic road project.
Fashola was quoted as disclosing this at the 12th Ministerial Steering Committee and Experts Meeting for the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Programme in Lome.
7. Benue Police Command on Sunday confirmed the assassination of one Orkuma Amaabai, son of PDP’S national ex-officio member, Prince Yandev Amaabai.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP. Ms Catherine Anene, told the newsmen on Sunday in Makurdi that the deceased was shot by unknown gunmen in Gboko at about 10 p.m. on Saturday.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sunday dismissed as reckless and groundless the claims made by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that its Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, is a Cameroonian.
It also said the claim was a calculated attempt by the APC to trivialize and divert attention from the compelling issue of their criminal rigging of the 2019 Presidential election.
9. The Sole spiritual Leader of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star, BCS, His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu, has warned against war, looting and hate in Nigeria.
The leader, while addressing the faithful, guests to mark his 18th coronation anniversary, held at BCS World Headquarters, said it is important for Nigerians to quickly surrender to God and forsake evil practices.
10. Tiger Woods won the Masters for the fifth time on Sunday to land his 15th major title since 2008.
Woods carded a two-under-par 70 to finish one shot, ahead of fellow Americans Dustin Johnson, Xander Schauffele and Brooks Koepka.
Boko Haram: Troops kill 3 terrorists in Borno
A statement from Colonel Timothy Antigha, Chief of Military Public Information MNJTF N’Djamena – Chad said, on Monday’s night, at about 01:20 am, terrorists attacked troops position at Cross Kauwa, about 40 kilometers from Monguno.
“However, the terrorists paid dearly for it as 3 were killed, while others escaped with gun shot wounds.
“Similarly, one AK 47 Riffle, Motar bomb and General Purpose Machine Gun, respectively, were captured. Additionally, assorted rounds of ammunition were impounded,” the statement said.
Kogi will still become oil-producing State despite senate rejection – Senator Isaac Alfa
The lawmaker in his lead debate at the plenary insisted that the OPLs 915 and 916 crude oil are within the basin of Ibaji local government areas of Kogi State.
In his clarification at a press conference after plenary, he said that 53% of oil being produced by Orient Oil in Anambra State comes from the affected OPLs, saying that once the grey areas noticed by the Senate were addressed, Kogi would become an oil-producing state.
“The purpose of being here today is with regards to the motion I moved stating that Kogi State be declared an oil-producing state.”
“53% of oil from Anambra basin comes from oil well in Kogi State, the oil that is being produced now”, Isaac insisted.
“From my own assessment, it was a successful motion. It was not rejected 100%. Even at that, Kogi wasn’t rejected but because of the sensitive nature of the contiguous communities, Senate needed rigorous work before passing the law.
“Senate has directed its Committee on oil and gas (upstream) to conclude reports within two weeks.
“I have a reason for moving the motion. My position as a Senator wears two caps. I am a lawmaker and a Senator representing Kogi East Senatorial District.
”As a Senator representing Kogi East today, I am the highest political office holder in my districts and I have an obligation to represent their interest. ”
Senator Tayo Alasoadura, Chairman of Senate Committee on Petroleum who has not been forthcoming on the controversial issue was not willing to speak when DAILY POST visited his office.
10-year-old boy drowns in Kano
The Spokesman of the Kano State Fire Service, Mr Saidu Mohammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Kano that the incident happened on Tuesday afternoon when the deceased went to take his bath.
“We received a distress call from one Malam Abdullahi Naguru at about 03:15p.m. that Musa’s body was found floating in the water.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at about 03:30p.m.
“Musa was found dead and his corpse was handed over to his father, Alhaji Musa Ya’u,’’ he said.
Mohammed advised the general public especially parents and ward heads to stop children from going into open water for whatever purpose to save their lives.
Crime3 days ago
‘Yan Bindiga Sun Kashe Sama Da Mutane Goma A Jihar Katsina
Arewa2 days ago
19 killed in Jigawa auto crash
Hausa2 days ago
Ko kun san mata nawa Adam Zango ya taba aura a rayuwarsa?
Arewa3 days ago
Banditry: Village head, others arrested in Zamfara
Hausa2 days ago
Wata mata a jihar Kebbi ta cakawa mijinta wuka ya mutu
World News1 day ago
Woman wakes up from coma 27 years after school bus crash
Arewa2 days ago
Zamfara Traditional Rulers Arrested For Serving As Bandits’ Informants
World News2 days ago
10-year-old girl born without hands wins handwriting competition | US News