1. Despite assurances of availability of Premium Motor Spirit by the Federal Government, many petrol stations in Osun were not selling the product.
A trip round the Osun State capital and its environs on Sunday showed that many of the petrol stations were under lock and key, while there were long queues at stations selling.
2. The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu on Sunday assured Nigerians that there is sufficient Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), also known as fuel in the country.
Kachikwu said that the country had gone past the era of fuel scarcity and urged motorists to desist from panic buying.
3. The Nigerian Air Force, NAF, said it lost one of its personnel during parachuting accident in Kaduna on Sunday.
NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, in a statement in Sunday said, the Nigerian Air Force is sad to announce the passing of one of its airmen, Corporal Meshach Iliya Komo, who died in Kaduna today, April 14, 2019, in a parachuting accident during re-currency training.
4. The National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Lanre Issa-Onilu, has said the ruling party was working on a zoning arrangement for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly.
Speaking with reporters in Abuja Sunday night, Issa-Onilu disclosed that the party will soon release the zoning arrangements for the principal positions of the incoming 9th National Assembly.
5. The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association (PENGASSAN) have advised President Muhammadu Buhari to shun any counsel that would destabilise or cause chaos in the economy.
A statement signed by Mr. Okugbawa Lumumba, PENGASSAN General Secretary and Afolabi Olawale, NUPENG’s General Secretary, said that the IMF advice on how to recover Nigerian economy was worrisome as it had become counter productive.
6. The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says the Federal Government has approved commencement of work on Nigeria-Seme-Benin Republic road project.
Fashola was quoted as disclosing this at the 12th Ministerial Steering Committee and Experts Meeting for the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Programme in Lome.
7. Benue Police Command on Sunday confirmed the assassination of one Orkuma Amaabai, son of PDP’S national ex-officio member, Prince Yandev Amaabai.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP. Ms Catherine Anene, told the newsmen on Sunday in Makurdi that the deceased was shot by unknown gunmen in Gboko at about 10 p.m. on Saturday.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sunday dismissed as reckless and groundless the claims made by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that its Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, is a Cameroonian.
It also said the claim was a calculated attempt by the APC to trivialize and divert attention from the compelling issue of their criminal rigging of the 2019 Presidential election.
9. The Sole spiritual Leader of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star, BCS, His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu, has warned against war, looting and hate in Nigeria.
The leader, while addressing the faithful, guests to mark his 18th coronation anniversary, held at BCS World Headquarters, said it is important for Nigerians to quickly surrender to God and forsake evil practices.
10. Tiger Woods won the Masters for the fifth time on Sunday to land his 15th major title since 2008.
Woods carded a two-under-par 70 to finish one shot, ahead of fellow Americans Dustin Johnson, Xander Schauffele and Brooks Koepka.
Many feared dead, others injured as two-storey building collapses in Jos
The building, which is located in a busy commercial area of Jos North, collapsed Monday evening.
When DAILY POST correspondent got to the scene of the incident, there was pandemonium, even as efforts were being made to rescue those trapped.
However, security operatives have cordoned off the area to prevent hoodlums from looting people’s belongings.
When DAILY POST contacted the spokesman of the State Police Command, DSP Mathias Terna Tyopev, he said they were aware of the incident, but cannot give any casualty figure.
“I’m waiting for a detailed information from the Divisional Police Officer of the area, so will get back to you when I get it,” he said.
Yadda ‘yan bindiga 300 suka far wa kauyukan Katsina | BBC Hausa
Rundunar ‘yan sandan jihar ta Katsina, ta ce yan bindiga kimanin 300 ne suka far wa kauyuka uku na Kirtawa da Kinfau da Zamfarawan Madogara da ke yankunan kananan hukumomin Batsari da Safana.
A wata sanarwa, mai magana da yawun rundunar ‘yan sandan, DSP Gambo Isah ya ce hare-haren da aka kai ranar Asabar, sun yi sandiyyar mutuwar mutum 10, inda kuma aka jikkata mutum biyar.
DSP Gambo Isah ya kuma ce ‘yan bindigar sun rika harbin kan mai uwa da wabi inda suka tarwatsa mutanen kauyen.
Sanarwar ta kara da cewa maharan sun cinna wa ababan hawa wuta,bayan sun kora shanun da ba a san adadinsu ba.
Wani wanda harin ya rutsa da shi a kauyen Zamfarawan Madogara ya bayyana wa Sani Aliyu yadda lamarin ya auku.
Wannan bawan Allah ya kara da kokawa dangane da yadda ‘yan bindiga ke satar mata a duk lokacin da suka kai hare-hare kauyukan nasu.
Buhari, APC, INEC reject Atiku, PDP’s move to play rigging video in court
The Nation reports that their lawyers objected when the petitioners’ lawyer, Chris Uche (SAN) invited Atiku’s Media Aide, Segun Showunmi, through whom Uche intended to play the video recordings and tender about 48 documents.
But, Alex. Izinyon (SAN), for Buhari; Adeniyi Akintola (SAN); and Yunus Usman (SAN), for INEC kicked on on the grounds that the petitioners did not front-load the items as required under the Electoral Act.
Tribunal Chairman, Justice Mohammed Garba, then stood down proceedings to consider arguments by parties and rule on whether or not to allow the document and video recordings.
Hausa3 days ago
‘Yadda bilicin ya lalata min jiki daf da aurena’ | BBC Hausa
Arewa2 days ago
Bandits, vigilante leaders agree deal
News3 days ago
Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr sternly warns Super Eagles ahead of semi-final clash
Arewa3 days ago
Shiites: US govt issues strong warning to Americans in Nigeria
Business3 days ago
What Dana Airline did to its passengers at Abuja international airport
World News16 hours ago
Woman and three children killed as car and train collide at level crossing in France | World News
Crime3 days ago
NDLEA arrests two suspected drug dealers with 40kg of hard drugs in Kebbi
Crime3 days ago
OBJ speaks on killing of Afenifere leader’s daughter