Connect with us

Business

What Dana Airline did to its passengers at Abuja international airport

Published

on

Passengers at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Friday expressed disappointment in Dana airline, meant to fly them from Abuja to Port-Harcourt.

A cross section of the passengers who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday at the airport described their experience as unfortunate.

One of the passengers, Mr Waribo Kuku, said he was supposed to board Dana flight from Abuja to Port-Harcourt since Wednesday (July 10), but no flight was available.

Kuku called on the management of Dana airline to compensate him for the delay and inconvenience.

He also appealed to relevant authorities, such as the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Consumers Protection Council and SERVICOM, to address such grievances and ensure that customers were adequately compensated to serve as deterrent.

Another passenger, Mr Jerry Wanodi, told NAN that he booked a Dana flight from Abuja to Port-harcourt since Thursday but couldn’t board the flight due to rescheduling and cancellation of the flight.

Wanodi said that he had been at the airport since 2 p.m on July 11, up till the 6.30 p.m and there was no sign of any Dana Air flight on ground.

Another passenger of the same airline who pleaded for anonymity said he was disappointed with Dana and threatened to sue them for damages.

“I have to go back to my family, you know how women think. It’s like I have been giving excuses on why I haven’t come home yet.

“I am so disappointed with Dana Air and I want relevant authorities to ban Dana from flying in Nigeria

“I also want them to pay compensation to me for keeping me at the airport since Thursday,” he said.

Similarly, Mr Berepelebo George told NAN that he has lost an opportunity to be gainfully employed because of the cancelled flight.

“I have an interview appointment with an organisation in Port-Harcourt which I have missed due to flight cancellations.

“I want the relevant authorities to have regulations on airlines to tackle this impunity,” he urged.

Mrs Amaka Ojeka, another sad passenger, described the development as a national embarrassment.

Ojeka narrated how she flew in from Germany, noting that there was no stroller at the international wing and had to wait for 45 minutes before she was able to secure one.

She also expressed regret that she has been waiting to board Dana to Port-Harcourt but found out that there was no aircraft on ground.

“I am disappointed by what is going on at the airport because you can’t find this in a developed society.

“They are not organised and why is Dana not returning my money but they sent a message via email for me to come to the airport and there was no plane on ground.

“I went back and paid a hotel bill of N10,000 as well as airport taxi.

“Government should look into the matter and take appropriate measures to address it,” she said.

The FAAN authorities and Dana Air management were yet to react to the development in spite of media inquiries.

NAN reports that the passengers waiting to board Dana Airline flight to Portharcourt and Lagos have been kept in suspense amid mounting anxiety.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Ondo govt bans operations of Okada riders

Published

on

The Ondo State government has placed total restriction on the activities of commercial motorcycles, popularly known as “Okada”, in Ofosu and Ajebamidele axis of the Benin-Ore highway in Odigbo Local Government area of the state.

The state government, in a statement issued on Thursday by the Commissioner for Information, Donald Ojogo, stated that the ban became imperative on the stretch of the road which borders Edo State and Ogun State, due to what it described as the nefarious activities of the Okada riders.

In the statement, Ojogo maintained that their activities will henceforth be restricted within Ore town, pointing out how increasing crime rate in the affected areas are mostly perpetrated under the guise of those riding okada.

The statement read, “Government has observed with serious concern, the activities of some unscrupulous elements who have hidden under the guise of engaging in motorcycle business, popularly also known as Okada, to perpetrate crime on the Ofosu-Ajebamidele route along the Ore Expressway.

“Disturbed by the activities of these criminal elements which include armed robbery, kidnapping, their mode of operations as well as the heightening cases of loss of lives, the Ondo State Government has placed a total ban on commercial motorcycles (Okada) along the entire stretch of the route in question. This action is with immediate effect and shall suffice until further notice.

“By this development, all activities of commercial motorcyclists are henceforth, restricted to internal confines of Ore town and other communities in the area. Security agencies, especially the Nigeria Police, are consequently directed to apprehend forthwith, anyone who flouts this restriction order.

“Government appeals to the general public to co-operate with security agencies in the enforcement of this action in order to stem the growing rate of criminal activities along the area.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Business

Miyetti Allah announces closure of livestock markets in Enugu

Published

on

The Northern Leaders, Livestock and Perishable Goods Market, and Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association of Nigeria, Enugu State chapter, has announced a two-day closure of livestock and perishable goods markets in the State.

To this effect, they will not be open for business on Wednesday and Thursday next week.

DAILY POST reports that within the period, the groups are to carryout sensitization visits to all the places of business and settlement of their members as part of their collaborative effort with the State Government and security agencies towards peace and security in the State.

This was announced at a press briefing jointly addressed by their leaders in Enugu, on Saturday.

The leaders, Gidado Siddki and Sarki A.Y. Sambo, who were flanked by others, said they were appreciative of the peaceful co-existence between their members and the people of Enugu State, and as such would not allow anyone to jeopardize it.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Business

Court Jails Bank MD 2 Years For Embezzling N195 Million

Published

on


Adetunji Abudu, a former managing director of New Prudential Mortgage Bank Limited, has been convicted and sentenced to two years imprisonment for N195m fraud.

Justice I.N. Buba of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos State gave the ruling following his arraignment and prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

According to a statement by the anti-graft agency, Abudu was arraigned on a four-count charge bordering on money laundering and embezzlement, in 2016.

The agency said his offence is contrary to the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA) 2004, Section 18(8) and punishable under Section 18 (11) of the BOFIA LFN 2004.

Abudu was alleged to have obtained a N35 million loan and another N110 million loan without authorisation when he was the bank’s managing director.

The former New Prudent Bank boss also approved the setting off of a N50 million loan granted to Total Access Concept Limited by Addoser Micro-finance Bank, which was also not authorised in accordance with the bank’s policy and in contravention of BOFIA 2004.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.

In the course of the trial, A.B.C. Oziokor, the lead prosecution counsel, called seven prosecution witnesses and tendered several documents that were admitted in evidence by the court.

On his part, Abudu called five witnesses.

Delivering his judgment on Justice Buba found the defendant guilty on counts one, two, three and four, as charged.

The judge said, “The court has considered the fact that the convict is a first-time offender, a family man, and a breadwinner. The court will be lenient, given that the convict is a first offender. But this will also send the right signal that it is this type of attitude that has led our financial institutions into trouble.

“This is a matter the convict should not have allowed going through the rigors of a criminal trial, having been given the opportunity to refund the money. But he still remained obstinate.”

The judge, therefore, sentenced the convict to two years on counts one, two, three and four, without an option of fine, with effect from the day of the judgment.

The sentences are to run concurrently.

The convict was ordered to make restitution to the complainant, in accordance with Section 321(a) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, ACJA, “if the properties released cannot meet up the amount of exposure to the complainant”.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: