Mr. Andrew Bala, the Public Education Officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Plateau, confirmed the incident to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Jos.
Bala, while attributing the cause of the crash to speeding and reckless driving by both drivers, said the accident which occurred Sunday morning, also left one other person severely injured.
Bala admonished motorists in the state to drive with care and desist from speeding, wrongful overtaking and all forms dangerous driving, particularly during the ember months.
He also warned against underage driving, particularly by tricycle riders, saying anyone caught would be made to face the full wrath of the law
BREAKING: Bayelsa Guber: Court disqualifies APC governorship candidate, Lyon
The court ruled that the APC has no candidate for the Saturday governorship election in the state.
Kogi Guber: Don’t be deterred by threats of violence – PDP candidate urges voters
Engr Wada who made this known on Wednesday while speaking at a rally in Ayingba Dekina Local Government Area said the sacrifice of the people to liberate Kogi state from bad leadership will not go unnoticed.
The PDP candidate attributed the large number of crowd at the rally to the people’s determination to eradicate an underperforming government of the APC in the state.
In his words “Nobody gave you one naira to come here, you are here because of interest, determination and save yourselves and the entire people of the state, from maladministration, poverty, lack of salary payment, development decay as characterised in the APC government in Kogi state.”
“I want to assure you that your sacrifice to liberate Kogi state, will not go unnoticed, because my first priority as governor, if Allah permits, will be total human and physical development”
Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Thursday morning
1. Several persons were reported dead and many others injured in a clash that ensued between supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ogbolomabiri community in Nembe Local Government Area of Bayelsa State during a governorship rally organised by the ruling party.
The attackers, it was also learnt, opened fire on the protocol bus of the Bayelsa State Government House along the junction between Bassambiri and Ogbolomabiri communities.
2. The Executive Council of the Edo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has ratified the suspension of the National Chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, from the party in the state.
The decision was reached at an enlarged meeting of the council and other party chieftains with the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, in Benin City, on Wednesday. At the meeting, the leaders said the suspension of Comrade Oshiomhole became necessary because the national chairman has been deploying divisive tactics to cause disharmony in the party in collaboration with the proscribed group, Edo Peoples Movement (EPM).
3. The Department of State Services (DSS) has explained why it is yet to release Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Movement.
The Service in a statement by its spokesman, Peter Afunanya, reiterated its avowed readiness to release Sowore once the processes are concluded, adding that the appropriate persons have still not turned up to take delivery of Sowore.
4. The Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar on Wednesday affirmed the victory of Governor Udom Emmanuel of the PDP in the March 9 gubernatorial elections in Akwa Ibom State. The Appeal was filed against the judgement of the tribunal delivered on September 5, 2019 at Uyo, which dismissed Mr Ekere’s petition for wanting in merit. Delivering judgement in the Appeal filed by Mr Nsima Ekere, the Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) challenging the re-election of His Excellency, Mr Udom Emmanuel in the March 9, 2019 Gubernatorial Elections, the five-man panel gave her judgement on all the issues set out by parties in the appeal.
5. The gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the March 9th 2019 gubernatorial election in Oyo State, Mr. Adebayo Adelabu, has declared that he is approaching the Supreme Court in order to validate his victory at the poll.
Adelabu in a statement he personally signed on Wednesday, alleged that some agents of darkness perfected the plan to steal his mandate, this according to him, necessitated his resolve to approach the judiciary to reclaim his mandate.
6. The Senate on Wednesday approved the refund of N10.069 billion to Kogi State government ahead of governorship election slated for Saturday.
The approval followed a report by the Senate Committee Chairman on Local debts and Foreign Loans, Senator Clifford Akhimienmona Ordia.
7. The Court of Appeal sitting in Makurdi on Wednesday affirmed the election of the Speaker of Benue State Assembly, Titus Uba, representing Kyan state constituency.
Justice E. J. Ekanem, in his lead panel judgment held that the appeal brought against the speaker by the All Progressives Congress (APC)’s Gwaza Ujamatyu, lacked merit.
8. The House of Representatives has urged the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to extend the use of compulsory National Identification Number (NIN) in the conduct of examinations till 2021.
This followed a motion moved by Rep. Zainab Gimba (APC-Borno) under Matters of Urgent Public Importance at plenary presided over by the Speaker of the House, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila on Wednesday. The House said the extension would allow more time to better sensitise prospective candidates to the NIN.
9. An Ikeja Special Offences Court on Wednesday sentenced to death, three men who kidnapped a Lagos monarch and killed his palace guard.
Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo sentenced Duba Fureso, Reuben Anthony and Yerin Fresh, who kidnapped the Oniba of Iba, Oba Oseni Goriola, murdered his 72-year-old palace guard, Mr Sunday Okanlawon, and attempted to murder the monarch’s wife, Bosede.
10. Nigeria began their quest to be at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, with a narrow 2-1 win over Benin Republic on Wednesday.
The Super Eagles had to fight from a goal down, as the Squirrels opened scoring at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo.
Arewa2 days ago
Trailer being chased by police crushes 20 persons to death in Yola
News15 hours ago
Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Arewa2 days ago
BREAKING: Kogi Guber: Policemen teargas IGP Adamu, INEC Chairman, Yakubu, others during peace accord
News1 day ago
APC crisis: Oshiomhole told to resign immediately
Crime3 days ago
Yadda aka sace wanda ya kai kudin fansa a Kaduna | BBC Hausa
News2 days ago
Nigeria vs Benin Republic: What Ahmed Musa, Osimhen said about 2021 AFCON qualifier
Arewa2 days ago
Zamfara Peace Accord: Vigilante groups surrender arms to government
Hausa22 hours ago
APCn Jihar Edo ta dakatar da Adams Oshiomole