Connect with us

News

Oyo government recovers five more vehicles from Ajimobi’s aides

Published

on

Oyo State government on Tuesday revealed that it has recovered five additional vehicles from former officials and aides who served with the immediate past Governor of the State, Abiola Ajimobi.

The recovery of the five additional vehicles brought it to a total of 19 vehicles that have been recovered from those who served in the last administration in the State.

DAILY POST recalls that the state government had last Thursday confirmed the recovery of 14 vehicles taken away by officials in the government of the immediate past Governor, Mr. Abiola Ajimobi.

Our correspondent gathered that the five additional vehicles recovered on Tuesday were recovered from a mechanic workshop in Olodo area of Ibadan, the state capital.

The vehicles recovered include two Nissan civilian buses, one Volare W8 armoured bus, one Mitsubishi Montero Jeep and Hyundai car.

The recovery process was said to be the fruit of intelligence report from members of the public who knew where the vehicles were parked.

Executive Assistant to Makinde on Security Matters, Mr. Sunday Odukoya, who led the recovery team to the mechanic workshop, said findings revealed two of the buses were in good working conditions but were on the verge of being repainted.

While confirming that the vehicles were among those carted away by the officials of the past administration, Odukoya said more would be recovered with time.

He did not give the details of the identities of those who parked the vehicles at the mechanic workshop or those behind moves to change the colour of the vehicles.

He said: “Intelligent report was received by His Excellency and it was passed to me and I have to trace it down here. And that intelligence information has led us to this particular place where five government vehicles are recovered.

“The recovered vehicles include three buses, one of which is an armoured vehicle; one Montero jeep and one Hyundai car, making a total of five vehicles.

“Two of the buses are in good condition but surprisingly, they wanted to change the colours.

“Because from the responses got from the mechanic in charge of this workshop, he said the vehicles are in good conditions but only that they wanted to change the colours.

“They are obviously parts of the vehicles of government that were carted away, at least going by their registration numbers and details. So, there is no doubt that they are all government vehicles.

“Initially, 14 vehicles were recovered if 14 had been recovered, this is another five making it a total of 19 that Oyo government recovers 5 more vehicles from Ajimobi’s aides.”

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

IPOB Threatens ‘Very Soon We’ll Show’ Governor Umahi, After Attack On Ekweremadu In Germany

Published

on



The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has warned Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, and other Igbo leaders that the group is coming after them.

The warning came some days after a former Senate Deputy President, Ike Ekweremadu, an Igbo politician, was embarrassed and attacked in Nuremberg, Germany.

IPOB, in a statement by an official of the secessionist group, China Edoziem, said the attack on Ekweremadu was a sign of other things that would befall some Igbo leaders.

The statement said, “The Indigenous People of Biafra, led by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, will continue in the avowed pursuit of our right of existence as a people, independent of the evil enclave called Nigeria.

“We’ll be unhindered, unperturbed and unfazed by the cacophony of morally bankrupt manufactured voices that appear to rally round one of them, Ike Ekweremadu.

“Going through the vomit of some of these faceless sycophants with no iota of influence on the ground in Biafraland apart from dishing out meaningless drivel in the name of press statements, one is confronted with the mindset of a people living in a banana republic in which all forms of freedom of expression is brutally repressed and mediocrity extolled to high heavens.”






The statement added, “It is imperative to state that in making that choice, there will be no differentiating between the subservient Biafran politician(s) who see nothing and hear nothing wrong when Biafraland is under Fulani military siege and their caliphate masters that dehumanize, abduct, torture and murder at will.

“Very soon, we shall show Dave Umahi, the governor of Ebonyi State that IPOB has not only the capacity and reach but also the power to achieve our set objectives and fulfil our promise to the living and the dead.

“We are waiting for them and their trumpeters in all the civilized nations of the world. The story of their humiliation will become a subject of study in foreign institutions. Our struggle has shifted to the international arena where every eye will be watching and taking note.”

Meanwhile, the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council has said the attack on Ekweremadu was a wake-up call for all corrupt and ’unrepentant’ Igbo leaders.

The President-General of the youth group, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said this in a statement on Wednesday.

The statement said, “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide observed that tension is building up in many quarters in the South-East as many Igbo leaders had hurriedly cancelled their trips abroad over the recent harassment and mob action against a respected Igbo son and politician, Sen Ike Ekweremadu, at the New Yam Festival at Nuremberg, Germany recently.

“ONYC pleads with our angry Igbo youths and agitators to shelve any planned violent mob action against Igbo leaders here in Nigeria and abroad at the moment and wait to see how many leaders will turn a new
leaf as we feel the anger in the air.

“But Ekweremadu’s assault is a wake-up call for the unrepentant Igbo leaders who had betrayed the confidence of our people in governance. Igbo leaders should be mindful of their utterances, actions and decisions on issues affecting the Igbo.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Sports writers set agenda for new Minister, Sunday Dare

Published

on

The Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) has congratulated the newly-appointed Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, describing his appointment as well-deserved.

The National Secretariat of SWAN, in a statement, added that the Minister’s emergence represents a new frontier in the administration of sports in Nigeria and one that is expected to usher in dynamism, resourcefulness and focused leadership.

Speaking through its Deputy Secretary-General, Babafemi Raji, the body noted that over the years, the fortune of Nigeria in international championships have continued to dwindle due largely to lack of concerted effort to discover budding talents that abound across the length and breadth of the country.

He said, “As the umbrella body of all sports journalists in Nigeria, affiliated to the Association Internationale de la Presse Sportive (AIPS) and the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), SWAN calls on the new Minister to give every Sport adequate attention, unlike some of his predecessors that focused mainly on football to the detriment of others.

“SWAN believes that Nigeria deserves more than what the country is getting from sports in view of the abundance of natural talents in practically every field; hence our hope that you will give priority to grassroots sports.

“Equally of importance to SWAN is the regrettable state of federal government-owned sports facilities; we make bold to say that they are mostly in dire need of rehabilitation, especially the pitch of the now Moshood Abiola National Stadium, where it is evident that anthills are freely springing up due to lack of maintenance.

“The recent embarrassment the country faced after the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) allegedly diverted about $135,000 dollars the world Athletics body mistakenly paid to it, is yet to abate, just as athletes representing the country at international championships were thrown out of their hotel accommodation; amidst cases of unpaid allowances and corruption in the sector.

“SWAN equally expects that the yearly allocation to the sports sector from the Federation Account will significantly improve, because sports is a huge industry, that if well programmed has the potential to meaningfully engage a lot of the teeming youths.

“SWAN will be ready to support you push for an increase in the allocation that comes to the Ministry, by engaging relevant government agencies both at the Executive and Legislative arms.

“SWAN is also looking forward to the enactment of a workable national sports policy that will enable every sport to grow, and the creation of an endowment fund for our sports heroes; as well as, an environment that will encourage private sector investment.

“SWAN advocates the upgrading of the National Institute for Sports (NIS) to a Degree Awarding Institute as well as the establishment of a University for Sports with campuses across the country.

“As an Association, we express our readiness to work with any progressive idea you bring to the table, in addition to performing our responsibilities as watchdog of the sports sector, through constructive engagements.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Crime

COZA Pastor vs Busola Dakolo: Biodun Fatoyinbo shunned our investigative panel – PFN

Published

on

The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, on Thursday, released its report on the investigation into the rape scandal surrounding the Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Biodun Fatoyinbo.

DAILY POST recalls that CAN had given the PFN two weeks to submit report of its probe into the rape allegation against the Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, PFN’s National Publicity Secretary, Bishop Emma Isong disclosed that Fatoyinbo ignored the panel that was set up to investigate the accusations against him.

PFN, while declaring the investigation ‘inconclusive’, stated however that Busola and her husband, Timi Dakolo appeared before the panel.

Recall that Busola, wife of Timi Dakolo had in weeks past disclosed details of how Fatoyinbo allegedly raped her when she was a teenager.

Fatoyinbo, however, denied the allegation, saying he has never forced himself on any woman in his life.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: