Narrating this to journalists in Jos, the State capital, the mother of the missing child, Mary Chukwuebuka, said, “I’m 30 years old, I came to the hospital on Monday (27 May, 2019) to deliver my baby. I have being coming for antenatal and that day I came and they said I am due to deliver, the doctor referred me to Gaenocology Emergency and I told them that I have nobody at home, I had to go back home and pick my things and the doctor permitted me to and I came back.
“When I came back, I was induced after some hours, and I gave birth on Tuesday in the morning at 3:47am after severe bleeding.
“I was to be given blood transfusion and my husband was not around, and I called my mother to go and look for money and we didn’t get money to buy the blood, but we got a donor who donated blood to me, but it didn’t work and the nurse agreed to get blood for me and the transfusion was done for Wednesday and Thursday and it finished on Friday morning and the doctors requested that I should be given another blood but I told them that I am not financially buoyant and they considered my plea because there was nobody that is helping me.
She explained further that, “In the evening, the doctor came, and I was expecting him to discharge me but he said that they are going to run another test, and he asked if I was given any form and I said no. He said that they will bring the form in the morning to run the test.
“However, another lady came around 6pm, when she came, she move straight to me on the bed and asked where is the baby? The lady said that they are supposed to get the blood of the baby and demanded to carry the baby to go and collect the blood and I gave her the baby on trust that she was a doctor.
“I wanted to undressed the baby but she told me to stop, that she will take her to the children’s ward to take the blood, she asked me to tell my mother to follow her to collect the baby; but on the way, she sent my mother back and that when they finish, she will send for her to come and collect the baby and my mother came back.
“After sometime, I was hearing the cry of the baby and I told my mother that are they taken the blood up to an hour, a patient that I was together with her was coming from the children’s ward, and I asked her if she saw my baby in the children’s ward and she said that she didn’t see the baby but there as an empty bed there.”
According to her, “I Immediately stood up and went there but there was no child and the lady was not there, I came back and reported immediately to the nurses and they started searching. The nurses searched and didn’t see the baby and the woman.
“The hospital authority called the Police and reported the matter and I called my husband to come so that we can all go to the station to give statement but they said no that they will go.
“The hospital management and the police went to the station and we waited for them in the hospital and the police came in later and took my statement.
“Since then, they stopped treating me and I have being in the hospital doing nothing and no treatment, nobody is attending to me”, the weeping mother lamented.
The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Philemon Golwa, however confirmed the incident, saying it could be linked to a woman who visited the hospital prior to the disappearance to say she was pregnant.
Golwa however explained that the medical examination carried on the woman had revealed a false pregnancy but the woman and a man claiming to be her husband had caused a scene before leaving the hospital.
“The nurses then advised all the patients to be careful with their babies after that incident only for us to hear that a woman dressed as a hospital staff had abducted a baby and the mother did not notify the hospital until about an hour later,” he said.
The CMD said the hospital was checking from its records to get information about the woman who pretended to be pregnant while the Police had been involved and were investigating the matter.
When contacted about the incident, the spokesman of the State Police Command, DSP Mathias Tyopev Terna, said the Command is aware of the incident and that investigation is ongoing.
Terna said, “We will issue a statement concerning the incident tomorrow, because we don’t want to talk, so that we don’t jeopardize the ongoing investigation.”
In Ekiti, unknown woman steals 2-month-old baby from mother
The incident occurred on Friday at the State Secretariat in Ado Ekiti metropolis.
Witnesses said the woman tricked the baby’s mother to follow her to the State Secretariat to collect some relief materials being given by government to flood victims.
“On getting there, she sent the mother to help her to procure recharge card but ran away with the baby before the arrival of the woman,” a source said.
Narrating her ordeal, the woman who was drenched in tears, explained that the abductor whom she suspected to be from the Eastern part of the country, had been patronizing her consistently at the Oja-Oba market, where she sells soup ingredients.
She said the woman informed her on Wednesday that she would take her to the State Secretariat where her husband works and that the husband would facilitate the relief materials for her.
The woman, who preferred to be anonymous, explained that the woman came to her shop with a list of possible beneficiaries and included her name making her to believe that she was being favoured.
According to her, “the woman who had become a regular customer had this morning invited me to the Secretariat and pretended to be waiting for someone, having entered one or two offices under the pretence of making some arrangements.
“She later took my baby and handset from me and asked me to go and buy recharge cards but before I came back, she had fled with my baby”, she stated.
The poor woman, who claimed she had lost a child recently before the delivery of the stolen boy, said the suspect collected her phone to prevent her from contacting the police for her immediate arrest after perpetrating the crime.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu, could not be reached to confirm the incident.
His mobile phone line was switched off when called.
IGP, Buhari govt under fire for negotiating with bandits, funding herdsmen with N100bn
HURIWA, while also condemning the decision by some northern governors of Katsina, Zamfara and Sokoto States to negotiate with armed Fulani bandits said the bandits are responsible for hundreds of deaths and the destruction of property in the states.
The rights group accused the Inspector General of Police, Alhaji Mohammed Adamu of choosing to ‘wine and dine’ with armed bandits rather than wielding the big stick against the lawless mass murders in the North West of Nigeria.
In a media statement signed by the National Coordinator, Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko and the National Media Affairs Director, Miss. Zainab Yusuf, it said the interview ”in which the police chief supported the ongoing unconstitutional unholy communion between Northern State governors and armed bandits will go down in the history of what would be left of Nigeria as the darkest period of the Nation-state because it is inconceivable that an officer of the law would boldly defecate on top of the sacred laws of the Country.”
The statement reads, “Let it be known to the current IGP Mohammed Adamu that his latest statement equating criminal armed mass killers as same as the Niger Delta agitators is not only disingenuous, pedestrian, spurious, puerile and myopic, but it is a direct affront to the constitution of Nigeria”.
”It was absolutely wrong to have compared the Niger Delta agitators who took up arms to compel the multinational crude oil producing entities to stop polluting and destroying the ecosystem and the overall environments with pure brigands and armed bandits in the North West who have no cause for their odious, atrocious and totally unlawful actions of killing children, women and old people all in the name of seeking to obtain the unlawful opportunities of dialoguing with politicians for financial benefits. It is so wrong that the IGP is being allowed to defecate on the constitution. This trend of thought is similar to a victim of rape championing the cause of the rapists.
”It is totally incorrect to compare Niger Delta agitators with armed bandits of North West unless the political class in the North alongside their allies in the security forces are now accepting the responsibility for setting up the bandits in their bid to win big compensations for the criminals.
“The Niger Delta agitators fought for a just cause and were never known to have killed civilians. Niger Delta is the region that has provided 98% of the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy by way of crude oil resources. The environment was devastated and the people whose livelihoods were devastated by the activities of crude oil explorations demanded for justice. Why will the IGP compare these freedom fighters that killed no civilians to armed bandits of North West who killed hundreds of their own people?”
HURIWA. therefore, demand the sacking of the IGP Mohammed Adamu for playing the role of the advocate for Northern armed bandits in direct contradiction with the constitutional provision which necessitated the creation of the police as an institution of law enforcement”.
Similarly, the right group also described the budget of N100 billion proposed for the implementation of the National Livestock Transformation Plan as an ‘attempt by the central government to grant compensation package to members of the armed Fulani herdsmen who are nothing but terrorists that ought to be prosecuted and locked up for killings and destruction of farmlands and farmers including Catholic priests in all parts of Nigeria.
HURIWA said that the proposal submitted on Thursday to the National Economic Council by its Sub-Committee on Farmers/Herders’ crisis is a direct affront to constitutionalism because the central government plans to bribe aggressors whereas the victims of the terror attacks by armed Fulani herdsmen are left to their fate and to wallow in poverty and want.
” HURIWA is of The opinion that the NEC meeting presided over by a severely incapacitated and weakened Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja is simply an efforts to smuggle from the backdoor the RUGA SETTLEMENT PROGRAMME for Fulanis which most Nigerians in the South and parts of Northern States especially in the North Central states rejected. We read that the Chairman of the sub-committee and Governor of Ebonyi State, Mr Dave Umahi, made the presentation to NEC. Also disingenuously, Mr. Umahi explained that contrary to the widely held belief, the NLTP was not about cows alone but had three planks, including care for persons displaced by farmers/herders’ crisis and education programmes.
”He also repeated the propaganda lines of the Presidency that states are free to use any animals of their choice in implementing the programme. It’s a big shame that the governor said the committee proposed that the Federal Government would bear 80 per cent of the N100bn, while participating states would support with the balance of N20bn and land for the programmed and added that the programmed remained voluntary and would accommodate only states that expressed participation interest”.
HURIWA, therefore, called for a discontinuation of the discriminatory policy of rewarding armed Fulani herdsmen for their criminal activities of killings of farmers and destruction of communities all across Nigeria.
BREAKING: Taraba Guber: PDP defeats APC at tribunal
The decision was taken by a three-man panel led by Justice M.O. Adewara.
In a unanimous decision, the court held that the petitioners failed to prove their claims that the election was marred by irregularities and substantial non-compliance with the Electoral Act.
The court also held that since a Federal High Court in the state, gave a judgment on March 6, 2019, in the suit: FHC/JAL/CS/01/2019, disqualifying Danladi from contesting the election, he could not be said to be a candidate in the election.
Justice Adewara held that since the judgment was upheld up to the Supreme Court, it meant that APC had no valid candidate in the election, did not participate in the election and was not qualified, along with Danladi, to have presented a petition before the tribunal.
The court explained further that even if the petition was to be considered on the merits, the petition failed to lead to sufficient evidence to establish their claims that the governor was not validly elected by a majority of lawful votes.
Crime2 days ago
An yi zanga-zanga kan rashin hukunta masu fyade yadda ya dace
Arewa1 day ago
$9.6bn fine: We don’t know persons Malami, EFCC arraigned in Nigeria – P&ID mocks Buhari govt
Buhari3 days ago
New economic team: What Buhari has done to Osinbajo – Fani-Kayode
News1 day ago
What Yemi Esan said after replacing Oyo-Ita
Hausa2 days ago
Champions League: Ansu Fati ya kafa tarihi a Barcelona
Crime3 days ago
Alleged N400m Theft: Ex-Army GOC Rejects Adeosun As Court Marshal President
News2 days ago
2023: Balarabe Musa, Tanko Yakassai reveal region to produce Buhari’s successor
Arewa3 days ago
Details of Buhari’s meeting with Police Service Commission emerge