Mr Abdullahi Gana, Commandant General of NSCDC, disclosed this during a news conference briefing in Abuja, on Wednesday.
Gana said the murder of a fellow officer and a Korean national, was an unfortunate incident and one which the corps totally condemned.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Korean, Tea Kun Kura, was an employee of Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) in Lagos State.
Gana, represented by Jonathan Iyogho, Assistant Commandant General (ACG) in charge of Protection of Critical Infrastructure, said that Oshemi, a Corps Assistant II, also allegedly killed Mamman Wuya, Senior Inspector of Corps at the Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics (LADOL).
The CG said that Oshemi was found culpable by the Corps after series of investigations, and had been handed over to the Nigeria Police Force for prosecution.
“We visited the police when they informed us of a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) recording of the incident.
“A staff committee was set up by the corps to look into the case after the CCTV inspection,” he said.
He narrated that on April 8, 2019, the corps had received a report stating that a personnel had shot and killed his colleague and a Korean working in the same premises with the personnel.
“He was disarmed by his colleagues in the office and was later handed over to the police,” he said.
The Corps, however, debunked allegations by Oshemi that he was being owed money by the Corps.
“We do not pay our personnel directly because we are under IPPIS and they are in charge of salary payment.
“Our men working at LADOL are, however, being paid stipends into their accounts,” he said.
Gana, who regretted the incident said, measures were, however, being taken by the corps to ensure there was no repeat.
He assured the public that safety of lives and properties was of paramount importance to the corps.
Boko Haram Kills Aid Worker In Borno, Three Others Missing
Boko Haram militants have killed a member of the Action Against Hunger, Grace Taku, as well as a driver while three health workers are missing.
The incident happened when a convoy of the aid agency was heading to Damasak in Borno State.
The attack is coming a day after an army commander, colonel and some soldiers were ambushed in Yobe State by Boko Haram terrorists.
A statement by Action Against Hunger reads, “One of the drivers was killed, while one Action Against Hunger staff member, two of the drivers and three health workers are missing.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident as these are colleagues dedicated to providing life-saving assistance to individuals and families affected by the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the northeast of Nigeria. We are very concerned and want to ensure that they are safe and can be reunited with their families.
“Action Against Hunger strives to ensure that millions of people in need of humanitarian assistance in northeast Nigeria receive the essential services required for their survival, especially women and children.”
Nigerian Passport Scam: EFCC Arrests Immigration Officer, 14 Others
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Lagos Zonal office, has arrested a Nigeria Immigration Service officer, Mr Adebimpe Kehinde, for his alleged involvement in passport racketeering.
Mr Tony Orilade, EFCC acting spokesperson, who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Thursday. Orilade said that Mr Kehinde is an immigration assistant.
According to Orilade, Kehinde was arrested alongside 14 other suspected passport racketeers following intelligence reports received by the commission.
The suspects are Nnadika Timothy, Oyeyiga Samuel, Sunday Adekunle, Lola Kadoso, Adebayo Damilola, Adeola Oluwafikayomi Ajiboshin, Abubakri Adebayo.
Others are Uka Ifeanyi, Raph Emeka Ibuaku, Henry Onyebuchi, Christy Odey, Aba-Peter Blessing, Ogunmefun Oluwanishola and Busayo Balogun.
Orilade stated that the suspects conspired to extort money from unsuspecting members of the public applying for international passports.
According to him, items recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest include five laptops, mobile telephones and “official documents”.
“They will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded,” he stated.
Atiku Gets 55 Cartons Of Documents From INEC As He Closes His Case Today
Ahead of Friday’s sitting, the Independent National Electoral Commission has produced the documents which the presidential election petitions tribunal, in Abuja called for on Wednesday at the instance of the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
The documents which were packed in 55 cartons would be the last to be presented to the tribunal as the petitioners are expected to close their case on Friday.
However, only 58 out of its proposed 400 witnesses had been called as of Wednesday which happened to be the ninth of the ten days given to the petitioners by the tribunal to present their case.
The petitioners are, by their petition, challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari and his All Progressives Congress at the February 23 poll.
The tribunal of five judges led by Justice Mohammed Garba had on Wednesday ordered INEC to produce the documents by noon on Thursday.
This followed the complaints by the petitioners that the subpoenas issued and served on INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, and the commission’s resident electoral commissioner in Zamfara State to produce the documents had not been complied with.
The tribunal had on Wednesday adjourned the case until Friday, but the counsel to the PDP and Atiku, Chris Uche (SAN), attended the Thursday’s proceedings scheduled for hearing in respect of other petitions filed by the Hope Democratic Party and the Peoples Democratic Movement.
Uche said his presence in court was to ensure INEC’s compliance with the Wednesday’s order of the tribunal.
At about the time the five-man panel was to recede to chambers to write a ruling in respect of PDM’s petition, Uche informed the bench of his intention in court on Thursday.
In reaction, Justice Garba asked for update from INEC’s lawyer, Yunus Usman (SAN).
Replying, Usman informed the tribunal that the “documents had been substantially produced.
“It is a very tedious task, but we have to obey the court’s order,” he stated.
Within the period of the one-hour break observed by the members of the tribunal, INEC officials had brought in a total of 55 boxes of documents into the court room.
When the tribunal resumed sitting, INEC’s lawyer informed the panel that the order of the court had been complied with.
Pointing to the cartons of documents lined up in the courtroom, Usman said since the order of court was not for INEC officials on whom the subpoenas were earlier served to testify, the Director of Legal Services, Mrs Oluwatoyin Babalola, was present to represent the commission.
He also said there was a cover letter signed by the secretary to INEC, Mrs. Rose Orianran-Anthony, accompanying the documents.
He noted that the request by the petitioners for result sheets for the national assembly rerun election in Zamfara State were not available as no such election was conducted.
Crime2 days ago
Police arrest suspected cultists, armed robbers in Cross River
World News2 days ago
Hong Kong: ‘Silver protest’ as elderly march in support of youths | World News
World News22 hours ago
US warship destroys Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz | World News
Arewa2 days ago
Senate speaks on SSANU, NASU strike
World News1 day ago
Iran seizes foreign tanker with 12 crew accused of smuggling oil | World News
Arewa1 day ago
El-Zakzaky, Dasuki must not die in detention – HURIWA warns Buhari
Arewa2 days ago
Senate begins screening of CJN Tanko
Crime1 day ago
Nigeria Customs Intercepts Ambulance Laden With Tramadol