Connect with us

Law

My wife has sex with someone in our bedroom – Husband tells court

Published

on

A 35-year-old unemployed man, Tayo Owoloye, on Monday told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos State that his wife brings her lover into their bedroom for sex.

Owoloye is seeking to end his 11-year-old marriage to his wife, Modinat.

According to him, their 11-year-old daughter told him that her mother brings a man home and she makes love to him.

“I once saw her love chat on WhatsApp with a man called Timothy, when I queried her, she quickly deleted those messages. I reported her to her two eldest sisters.

“She is also having affairs with another man, called Stanley.

“Modinat came to my mother’s burial in Ondo State and left that same day, I later discovered that she came with Stanley and both of them lodged in a hotel that day.

“I was still in my village when Modinat called that she was sick and admitted, I rushed to Lagos the following day and I was told by the nurses that a man came to pass the night with her whom I later discovered to be Stanley.

“When I confronted Stanley, he confessed that he is in a relationship with my wife but begged for forgiveness.

“I decided to know more about Stanley so I searched for him on Facebook, I saw pictures of him and my wife which was taken inside our bedroom and on our bed.”

Owoloye presented to the court, printed pictures from Stanley’s Facebook page, as evidence.

The petitioner said that he moved out of their matrimonial home when his wife said she needed space.

“There was a day we had a misunderstanding and she got me arrested; at the police station, I was asked to give an undertaking that I will not return to my house, till today I have not gone home.

“Two weeks after I left the house, my wife changed her marital status on Facebook from married to divorce and also changed her surname to her maiden name.

“Our neighbours called to tell me that Stanley always comes to pass the night in our house, confirming our 11-year-old daughter’s earlier affirmation.”

According to him, Modinat has been denying him sex since December, 2018.

The husband said that Modinat was always threatening his life with knife and that he was afraid as she may carry out her threat one day.

However, the respondent, Modinat, who welcomed the divorce suit, also accused her husband of infidelity.

“My husband had been cheating on me without my knowledge; I got to know last week when I went to his family house, where I met his new wife and a baby of about six month old.”

The 30-year-old trader denied having affairs with Timothy and Stanley.

“I sell watermelon, Timothy is my customer while Stanley comes to assist me in my shop.

“The picture of Stanley and I that my husband saw on social media was taken in the sitting room, not bedroom as he claimed.

“Stanley came to stay with me when I was admitted at the hospital because my husband travelled for his mother’s burial and there was nobody to stay with me.”

The mother of three said that her husband had turned her into a punching bag.

“My husband is a wife-beater, he once beat me that I lost a pregnancy, and I have several scars on my body due to his frequent beatings.

“On one fateful day, he beat me, tore my clothes and pushed me out of the house naked.

“Our neighbours clothed me, I went to the police station to report the matter and he was invited.

“When the police asked me what I wanted, I said I needed space, that he should leave the house for me for some time upon which he was asked to give an undertaking that he would give me space as I requested. ”

Modinat said she denied her husband sex because “I don’t have feelings for him anymore.”

The Court’s President, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, after listening to the estranged couple, urged them to maintain peace and adjourned the case until Sept. 26, for judgment

Facebook Comments

Arewa

Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning

Published

on

Good Morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers

1. The ongoing governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States kicked off on a bloody note.

Reports from both states have it that there were cases of violence, ballot-snatching, irregularities as well as fatalities.

2. Three persons have been confirmed dead while several others were left injured when suspected political parties thugs invaded Adankolo and Lokongoma primary schools in Lokoja on Saturday in the ongoing governorship election in Kogi State.

It was gathered that the thugs who were dressed in Police uniform shot at two voters in Adankolo and one in Lokongoma when they wanted to snatch the ballot box.

3. An official of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was kidnapped in SUBEB polling unit in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.

The abduction happened after gunmen shot sporadically into the air while voting was going on.

Voters scampered for safety before the gunmen went away with the official.

4. Yahaya Bello, Kogi State Governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the ongoing governorship election, has defeated his closest rivals, Musa Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in his polling unit.

Results from Bello’s polling unit indicated that the governor had 716 votes to defeat his top challengers, Wada and Natasha Akpoti of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, who had no votes.

5. The Enugu Police Command said Saturday in Enugu that it has commenced a massive manhunt of abductors of a Catholic Priest, Rev.-Fr. Theophilus Ndulue.

According to the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, Ndulue was abducted by unidentified gunmen on his way home along Amansiodo Road in Ndiagu-Oghe in Ezeagu Local Government Area on Friday evening while returning from a pastoral council meeting.

6. The Governor of Bayelsa State, the Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson, has accused the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 6th Division of the Nigerian Army, of compromising security in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Governor said that, even though Gen. Sarham has beentransfered to the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, he refused to move and waited behind to supervise the use of the Army to perpetrate heinous electoral crimes and irregularities in the Bayelsa guber polls.

7. An Appeal Court sitting in Owerri on Saturday sacked Obinna Onwubuariri, the member representing Isiala Mbano/Onuimo/Okigwe Federal Constituency of Imo in the House of Representatives.

The Chairman of the Panel, Justice R.N Pemu, who read the judgment, said that the election that brought Onwubuariri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power in Feb. 23 was not in tandem with the electoral act of 2010, as amended.

The court also nullified the election of Mrs Uju Onwudiwe of the Action Alliance (AA) representing Njaba State Constituency and ordered fresh elections in 12 polling units in Njaba state constituency within 90 days.

8. The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, has described as baseless a recent statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the Department of State Services, DSS, Peter Afunanya, that the illegal detention of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and Omoyele Sowore was based on their choices.

IMN noted that following the attack on the Islamic Movement by the Muhammadu Buhari regime in December 2015 in Zaria, Kaduna state, where over 1000 unarmed men, women and children members of the movement by what it said its members were extra judicially killed by the Nigerian Army, seeking for redress in the most civil manner, the Islamic Movement sued for the enforcement of the rights of Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky (H) who was shot severally, abducted and detained by the DSS.

9. A fatal motor accident on Saturday claimed seven lives along Osogbo -Ikirun road, leaving only one survivor.

The accident , as sighted by our Correspondent, involved an articulated vehicle and a mini-bus with eight passengers.

The Sector Commander of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Mr Peter Oke, who confirmed the accident, said five male and two females who were traveling in the mini-bus, lost their lives, while a female survived with injuries.

10. Nigeria are away to Lesotho, in the second fixture of their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series.

Kick off at the 20,000-capacity Setsoto Stadium in Maseru is 5pm West African time.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

IMN blasts DSS for continuous detention of El-Zakzaky, Sowore, others

Published

on

The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, has described as baseless a recent statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the Department of State Services, DSS, Peter Afunanya, that the illegal detention of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and Omoyele Sowore was based on their choices.

“The attention of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria has been drawn to a recent statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the Department of State Services, DSS, Peter Afunanya recently, misdirecting the Nigerian public into believing that the illegal detention of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and Omoyele Sowore was based on their choices,” Ibrahim Musa, President media forum of IMN said in a statement.

The statement described the recent statement from the DSS as an act of mischief and deliberate blackmail.

IMN noted that following the attack on the Islamic Movement by the Muhammadu Buhari regime in December 2015 in Zaria, Kaduna state, where over 1000 unarmed men, women and children members of the movement by what it said its members were extra judicially killed by the Nigerian Army, seeking for redress in the most civil manner, the Islamic Movement sued for the enforcement of the rights of Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky (H) who was shot severally, abducted and detained by the DSS.

IMN explained, “The case was heard by Justice Gabriel Kolawale and lasted a year, while the DSS made efforts to justify the illegal detention but all to no avail.

“On the 16th of December 2016, the Federal High Court in Abuja issued a judgement enforcing the fundamental rights of the revered leader of the Islamic Movement Sheikh Zakzaky (H) in which the DSS, also a respondent in the case, was instructed by the court to unconditionally release the revered Sheikh to which it acted in total contempt of court and blatantly disregarded the court’s judgement.

“He was continuously held in illegal detention by the DSS, disallowed access to medical treatment and fed poison. This gave birth to a regime of peaceful protests within and outside Nigeria calling on Nigerian government to respect the court and release the revered leader. Several peaceful protesters were killed in their hundreds by police, army and DSS on different occasions on the streets of Nigeria.

“This act of disregard to law and order grossly affected the image of the Buhari regime which is tagged as tyrannical and undemocratic by a lot of concerned individuals, groups and governments.”

IMN observed that in trying to justify the continued illegal detention of the Sheikh, the government concocted cropped up charges and instituted a new case against Sheikh Zakzaky (H) in a Kaduna High court.

“The charges were the same made against Islamic movement members out of which almost about a hundred were earlier discharged and acquitted by the Kaduna High Court,” the statement explained.

“Here too, the government set up vendetta and scuttled the medical trip insisting that he must allow himself to be treated in India by doctors he had never seen or known and had no confidence in. It was only logical that he refused to be treated by doctors provided by those plotting to kill him back home in Nigeria lest they kill him in India and frame a fake story as they have always done. It is better to return to Nigeria and die in their detention for the world to know exactly who killed him,” it observed.

IMN said it wishes to reiterate that the actions of the DSS are contrary to the laws establishing them because they have turned themselves into machinery used in implementing the whims and caprices of suppressive leaders instead of the interest of the country whose tax payers pay their bills.

It added that the time tested axiom of Sheikh Usman Fodio that “conscience is an open wound and only the truth can heal it,” does not fit the statement issued by the DSS, for indeed falsehood can never heal the wound of conscience.
“We challenge the DSS to allow the Sheikh to speak to the public on whether he chose to stay with them or not. It is pure deceit for them to speak on his behalf!

“At this juncture, we also challenge the DSS to prove us wrong by simply respecting and obeying court orders and judgment and not the whims of those in authority by simply releasing those the courts have ordered to be released.

“The level of disregard to law and order the DSS is seen to have attained is totally alien to their rules of engagement and to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is therefore pertinent that fairness and justice be allowed to reign and this can only be attained through obedience to law and order,” the statement revealed.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC nabs brothers for using commission’s name to extort ‘Yahoo boys’

Published

on



Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have arrested two brothers, Olatunji and Oluwayomi Beyioku for extorting Internet fraudsters with promises to shield them from possible arrest by the commission.

The siblings were arrested in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, on Friday, November 15, 2019.

EFCC operatives had embarked on discreet investigations into the activities of the suspects when it was discovered that they were in the habit of extorting ‘Yahoo Boys’ to help them evade arrest by the anti-graft agency.

According to the EFCC, “The brothers claimed to be spy police officers with the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police and have ‘assisted’ the commission with information on the whereabouts of Internet fraudsters within the town, but it was discovered that they only expose those who failed to meet their demands, while others willing and ready to play ball were shielded.

“It was also discovered that they had made several millions of naira sabotaging the commission’s efforts and live large therefrom.

“A search conducted on the younger brother’s palatial residence along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway suggested that they may be living far above their means.

“Items recovered from them include two cars, different brands of mobile phones and charms.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2019 - AREWANG Media Limited