Connect with us

Arewa

Boko Haram: ISWAP reportedly sacks military base in Gajigana

Published

on

Security forces on Wednesday restricted vehicular movement along the Maiduguri – Monguno road in order to conclude their operation following an attack by Boko Haram, operating under ISWAP on Tuesday at a security forces base in Gajigana village in northeast Nigeria.

Details of casualty are yet to be established, however, security forces deployed fighter jet to support the ground troops in repelling the attack, a credible source told DAILY POST in Maiduguri.

“The authorities may inform you of the progress we are making, however, for now we are still in pursuit of these criminals and we would get all of them.” Our Source said.

Boko Haram militants have continued with their operations within the northern Borno axis, carrying their war campaign to villages and also targeting military bases within the lake chad region.

The military base which was attacked yesterday in Gajigana is about 32 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

“This is not the first time Gajigana has come under attack of Boko Haram especially the ISWAP led militants, who are believed to have been supported by group of rebels and other terrorists organisation around the lake chad.” Umar Zakari, a resident of Monguno told DAILY POST in Maiduguri.

Our correspondent reports that, last week, security forces had restricted movement along the same road following an attack in Gajiram, which forced soldiers to withdraw from the location for a few days.

It could be recalled that within last week, a similar attack was recorded in Mafa and Kukawa local governments respectively, an indication that the Boko Haram-led ISWAP is portraying the ability to coordinate several attacks across the lake chad region.

However, with the relocation of the Chief of Army staff, Lt. General T.Y. Buratai to the Command and Control Centre and the deployment of more troops and the MNJTF from Chad in Monguno, there is hope that the ISWAP will soon be put under pressure to scale down their operations in the region.

Attempt, however, to get an official statement from Operation Lafiya Dole on the latest attack did not yield fruit as calls to reach the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa proved abortive.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Arewa

Bandit reveals how helicopter drops weapons for them in Katsina forest

Published

on

A bandit by the name of Aliu Musa has revealed how an helicopter aircraft drops weapons for his gang inside Dinya Forest in Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The 20-year-old Musa and another suspected bandit Salmanu Isa, 18, were among suspects paraded for various offences at the Katsina Police Command headquarters by the Spokesman of the Katsina State Police Command, Anas Gezawa, in Katsina city.

“I once saw that aircraft with fans on its head (helicopter) drop weapons for my boss while we were inside forest at Dinja.

“It was hovering and was very near ground. The man inside would drop the weapons for my boss who would now couple the weapons for our use,” Musa told journalists.

He explained that “It is only my boss who would go and pick the weapons while we would be watching from where we stood.”

The bandit said he was paid N17,000 per operation and confessed to killing at least five people during operations.

The bandits mentioned Sirajo and Bishir as their gang leaders.

Police spokesman, Anas Gezawa, before parading the suspects, said Musa’s gang had killed no fewer than 25 people in different operations.

Gezawa said the suspects confessed that they were bandits that tormented Kankara village and its environs.

“The first suspect Salmanu Isah (a member of the gang) mentioned that they attacked some villages with his syndicate, where they robbed Zango village and went away with eight cows,” Gezawa said.

“He also confessed that he shot dead one person before going to rob at Santa village, where they snatched six sheep and some food items.”

The police spokesman said the bandits also went to Bela and Zango villages where they killed about 20 people and rustled two cows.

Gezawa also said the bandits stormed Omodo village and killed about five people and also rustled eight cows and six sheep.

The police spokesman said there is an ongoing investigation into the case.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Nigerian Woman, Children Suffer Acid Attack, Estranged Husband Accused

Published

on



A woman and her two children have been attacked with acid in the Layin Shehii Quarter, Dandume, Katsina State.

The victims are Rabi Ado, and her two children, Yahaya, and Zainab Ismail.

The attackers reportedly poured acid on the victims through a window while they were asleep.

They were rushed to the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital having suffered burns.

Punch reports that cries of agony by the victims forced their neighbours awake.

One of the neighbours said, “Their cries woke us up and by the time we forced the door of their room open, the woman and her children were in serious pain.

“We then mobilised and took them to a nearby hospital, from where they were transferred to the teaching hospital at Zika, because of the extent of the injuries.”

Rabi, it was gathered, was estranged from her husband.

The spokesman for the Katsina State Police Command, ASP Anaz Gizewa, told the newspaper, “One Rabi Ado, wife to one Ismail Gilima of Layin Shehi Quarter, Dandume, was assaulted by (an unknown person(s), who threw some liquid substances suspected to be acidic on her and her children through the window while they were asleep.

“As a result, she sustained some burns and scalds on her back and shoulder. Her children, Yahaya Ismail, and Zainab Ismail were also affected.

“They are currently receiving treatment at the ABU Teaching Hospital, Shika, Zaria. The family of the victims were contacted and they confirmed the incident. They further stated that they were strongly suspecting the husband, Ismail, for being responsible for the attack
due to the fact that he and the wife had a case in court.

“The wife is seeking a divorce from him. He was informed of the incident via the phone, but up until now, he has refused to show up.

“However, we have already liaised with the victim’s family to trace him and get him arrested.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Hukuma ta sake kama rikakken mai satar mutanen nan

Published

on

Yanzu haka masana da kwararru a Najeriya sun yaba wa ‘yan sanda a kan namijin kokari da suka yi wurin zakulo mutumin, suna cewa wannan na nuna lalle fa ‘yan sandan Najeriya jajirtatttu ne.

Masanin Halayyar bil’adama da harkar tsaro, Farfesa Mohammed Tukur Baba ya ce wannan na nuna irin sabon babi da ‘yan sandan suka bude a sha’anin tsaro, duba da irin bajintar da suke ta nunawa da ba ayi tsammani ba, a don haka matsalolin tsaron da kasar ke fuskanta ba wai ya gagari ‘yan sanda ba ne.

Farfesa Baba ya kara da cewa matakai da suke bi su kamo irin wadannan manyan yan ta’adda ya nuna cewa in sun dukufa kuma suka samu goyon bayan jama’a to fa lalle ‘yan sandan zasu magance matsalolin tsaro a Najeriya.

Kamo irin wannan babban dan ta’addan inji masanin ka iya aikewa da sako ga duk masu son tafka aika aika, don hakan ya fara bada tsoro cewa lalle komai nisan jifa kasa zai fado, don kuwa dan sandan Najeriya ba kanwan lasa bane.

Lauyan nan mai fafutuka Barrister Yakubu Sale Bawa yace shi tuni yana da kwarin gwiwar lalle ‘yan sandan zasu sake cafke shi Wadumen, duba da cewar lalle ‘yan sandan Najeriya in zasu yi aiki zasu yi, kuma cafke wannan Wadumen zai fito da dalla dallan me ya faru.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: