Connect with us

Education

ASUU ta dakatar da yajin aiki

ASUU

Hakkin mallakar hoto
@BREAKINGNEWSNIG

Kungiyar malaman jami’o’in Najeriya ta tsayar da yajin aikin watanni uku da ta shafe ta na yi.

Kungiyar ta dauki wannan mataki ne bayan cimma yarjejeniya da ta ce ta yi da gwamnatin kasar kan bukatunta.

Farfesa Muhammad Muttaka Usman, ma’ajin kungiyar ta ASUU, kuma malami a jami’ar Ahmadu Bello da ke Zaria, ya shaida wa BBC cewa, bayan tattaunawa da dama da kungiyar ta sha yi da gwamnati, yanzu gwamnatin ta amince da biya musu bukatunsu.

Farfesan ya ce, yarjejeniyar da suka cimma a yanzu ta wucin gadi ce, saboda nan bada jimawa ba za su koma su ci gaba da tattaunawa a kan gundarin yarjejeniyar 2009 wadda za a fara a ranar 18 ga watan Fabrairu, 2019.

Ya ce, yanzu gwamnati ta yi wasu abubuwa ne, amma za a koma ne domin a dubi abubuwan da yarjejeniyar 2009 ta kunsa sai a tattauna a kansu aga me gwamnati za ta iya yi da kuma wanda ba za ta iya ba, sai su san mataki na gaba.

Farfesa Muhammad Muttaka Usman, ya ce zuwa Litinin 11 ga watan Fabrairu 2019, kowa a karkashin kungiyar zao koma bakin aiki, sannan kuma za a bude jami’oi na kasa.

Ita dai kungiyar ta ASUU, ta jima tana kai ruwa rana da gwamnati a kan bukatunta na neman a inganta yanayin aiki da kuma jami’oin abinda sau da dama ke haifar da yajin aikin wanda ake ganin yana matukar rage ingancin karatu a jami’oin kasar.

A ranar 4 ga watan Nuwamba ne kungiyar ASUU ta shiga yajin aiki bayan kasa fahimtar juna tsakaninta da ministan ilimi Adamu Adamu kan bukatunta.

Kungiyar ta zargi gwamnatin Najeriya da gaza aiwatar da yarjejeniyar da suka kulla a baya game da yadda za a inganta yanayin aiki a jami’o’in, da kuma rashin biyan mambobinta kudaden alawus da wasu sauran bukatunta.

Dakatar da yajin aiki ya zo ne kusan mako guda kafin zaben shugaban kasa da za a yi a ranar 16 ga watan Fabrairu, 2019.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

JAMB registers over 1.6 million, confirms closing date for 2019 UTME registration

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says not less than 1.8 million candidates would be registered for its 2019 UTME by the end of the registration exercise scheduled for Feb. 21.

The Board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

Benjamin expressed satisfaction with the ongoing registration exercise nationwide, adding that so far, it had been smooth with little or no hitches.

The registration of candidates for this year’s all Computer Based Test (CBT) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), commenced on Feb. 10.

Meanwhile, an official bulletin of the board tagged ‘jambulletin’ issued on Sunday, said over 1.6 million candidates had registered for the examination between Feb. 10 and Feb. 15 nationwide, with Lagos recording the highest, with 234,259 candidates.

According to the bulletin, preparations for the successful conduct of the examination scheduled to commence few weeks from now is in top gear.

Also contained in the bulletin is the restatement of the unlikely extension of the registration deadline by the board.

“Candidates would commence the reprinting of their examination notification slips two weeks to the examination date.

“On the examination slip are candidates’ schedule for the examination, date, time and centre, as well as other necessary information about the examination.

“Two weeks to the commencement of the examination, candidates will have their slips placed on their profiles.

“However, in the event where candidates could not access their slip, such candidates can visit the board’s service portal,on www.jamb.org.ng to print the slip,” the bulletin stated.

It also said that messages would as well be sent to candidates, informing them on when to reprint their e-slip.

According to the bulletin, the processes are all automated to keep candidates abreast of developments, just as messages will be sent to all candidates informing them on when to print their e-slip.

The bulletin warned candidates against coming into the examination halls with prohibited items such as wrist watches, telephones and others.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Education

Postponed elections: Lagos govt orders schools to resume Monday

The Lagos State Government has asked all schools in the state to resume for academic activities on Monday, instead of Tuesday.

This followed the postponement of the general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

A statement issued on Saturday by Mrs. Ronke Soyombo, Director General, Education Quality Assurance, said “I have the directive of Her Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Lagos State to inform all Lagos State school’s stakeholders and the general public that the state government has been compelled by the change in election dates to further review the 2018/19 school academic calendar as stated below:

“All schools resume Monday, 18th February, 2019, All schools in Lagos State are expected to close on the following dates: Friday 22nd of February and to resume on Monday, 25th February.

“The schools will also close on Friday, 8th March, 2019 and to resume on Monday, 11th March. All public and private schools, school leaders and school associations should take note and adhere strictly.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Education

ASUU chairman caught in sex-for-marks scandal

Prof. Monday Igbafen, the Chairman of Ambrose Alli University (AAU) chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), has been suspended by university authorities over allegations of sexual assault.

Igbafen, an Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy, was suspended after his appearance before a disciplinary committee on allegations of sexual misconduct.

This was made public in a statement signed by Edward Aihevba, the university’s spokesman, on Wednesday in Benin, Edo State capital.

The statement noted that Igbafen had been arraigned before the Senior Staff Disciplinary Committee (SSDC) on allegations of gross misconduct bordering on sexual harassment and threatening students to have sex with him in exchange for marks.

According to the statement, Igbafen was found culpable by the university’s investigative panel.

A relative of one of the victims had threatened to take the institution to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission ICPC if Igbafen wasn’t prosecuted.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: