Connect with us

World News

Six children killed after bus skids off road and rolls down gorge in India

Six schoolchildren have been killed and 12 others hurt in a bus crash in northern India.

The driver also died when the vehicle skidded off a hilly road and rolled down a gorge in Himachal Pradesh state on Saturday.

Three of the children, aged between five and 14, died at the scene, as did the driver.

The three other victims lost their lives later in hospital.

An investigation is under way into what caused the accident.

The children were students at a school in a remote area of the mountainous state.

In September, 55 people were killed when a bus carrying pilgrims from a Hindu temple in the hills of south India plunged off a road.

Around 150,000 people die every year on India’s roads, often because of reckless driving, badly maintained roads and overcrowded vehicles.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Hausa

Nijar ta samu tallafi maganin malaria daga Amurka

Sauro ne ke haddasa cutar malaria

Hakkin mallakar hoto
Getty Images

Gwamnatin Amurka ta tallafa wa jamhuriyar Nijar da magungunan zazzabin cizon sauro wato malaria na milyoyin CFA.

Tallafin dai ya hada da magungunan rigakafin zazzabin cizon sauro dama na magance cutar da zarar an kamu da ita.

Kazalika daga cikin tallafin da Amurkan ta ba wa Nijar, akwai gidajen sauro.

Amurka dai ta bayar da wannan taimako ne ga Nijar da zimmar rage yaduwar cutar ta malaria da akshi 50 cikin 100.

Wannan tallafi na Amurkan, na daga cikin wani tsari ne na kasar wajen tallafa wa kasashe masu tasowa.

Cutar zazzabin cizon sauro na daga cikin cututtukan da ke saurin kisan kananan yara da ma mata masu juna biyu a kasar.

Gwamnatin Nijar ta kasa yakin da take a kan yaduwar cutar zuwa gida uku da suka hada da neman tallafi da wadatar da al’ummar kasar da maganin rigakafin cutar da kuma tsaftace unguwanni.

Kasashen Afrika ne suka fi fama da cutar zazzabin cizon sauro, kuma yawancin wadanda ke mutuwa yara ne.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

World News

Two dozen bodies recovered from flooded illegal Zimbabwe gold mine

The bodies of 24 illegal gold miners have been recovered from flooded tunnels in Zimbabwe after a dam wall collapsed following heavy rain.

Up to 70 may have been trapped in the mine and the search near Kadoma continues, the government said. It has declared a national disaster.

A relative of a deceased miner

Image:
A relative of a deceased miner wears a mask near the mine
Eight people were rescued, all but one of whom have been discharged from hospital.

Henrietta Rushwaya, who leads the country’s small-scale miners’ association, said 23 of the bodies had been identified.

According to the government’s deputy chief mining engineer, “it doesn’t seem likely” that there are any other survivors.

Only eight of the estimated 70 trapped miners are thought to have survived

Only eight of the estimated 70 trapped miners are thought to have survived
The disaster happened in Battlefields – a small settlement 110 miles west of Harare that is rich in gold deposits and popular with illegal miners.

Friends and relatives have broken police lines in an attempt to identify their loved ones.

Surviving miners were exhausted and muddied after being pulled out

Surviving miners were exhausted and muddied after being pulled out
The makeshift shafts and tunnels, some running as deep as 50m (164ft), can easily collapse in the rainy season when the ground is soft.

According to the Zimbabwean government, $200,000 (£155,000) is needed to complete the rescue effort – with a spokesman urging “well-wishers” to donate body bags, masks and gloves.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

World News

Trump asks Britain to take back Islamic State fighters | US News

US President Donald Trump stated that the US has asked Britain and other European allies to take back more than 800 Islamic State fighters captured in Syria and put them on trial.

The US president said the terror group’s caliphate in Iraq and Syria is “ready to fall” and “the alternative is not a good one in that we will be forced to release them”.

He added: “The US does not want to watch as these ISIS fighters permeate Europe, which is where they are expected to go.

“We do so much, and spend so much – Time for others to step up and do the job that they are so capable of doing. We are pulling back after 100% caliphate victory!”

Mr Trump’s comments come after US vice president Mike Pence said the last mile of IS-controlled territory in Syria was being captured by American-backed forces.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: