One of the surviving sons of the leader of Islamic Movement of Nigeria ( IMN ) popularly known as ‘Shiites’ , Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky has said that the Nigerian government has finalised the arrangement to assassinate his father , Ibraheem El-Zakyzaky.
He disclosed this in a press statement issued at the end of a press conference addressed by Sheik Mukhtar Abdul-rahaman Auwal on Sunday in Abuja.
He said that he visited his father at the detention facility where he has been kept by the security operatives on Saturday 6th of July 2019 but was shocked to see his father in deteriorating health conditions.
According to Ibraheem ” This Saturday the 6th of July 2019, I met with my father and my mother. My father was found to have unusually excessive and life threatening concentrations of lead and cadmium in his blood.
“This has always been an assassination in progress, and it is almost done. And the assassins are clearly determined to see it through.
“When we met aside from what could be visibly seen of their deteriorating condition such as my fathers teeth which in the space of a month has turned from dark brown to virtually jet black, my father also informed me of how his condition has been worsening since the last time we met.
He said that all efforts made by the family to ensure that his father get a proper medical attention were deliberately ignored and frustrated by the government.
He explained that his condition has worsened beyond redemption adding that any effort to save his life now has become futile.
He pointed out that his mother started showing signs of stroke in January 2018 as a result of intermittent attacks of chronic pain . He said the pain has become a daily occurrence now due to lack of proper medical intervention
His words ” My mother on the other hand, whose numerous medical issues were well known since before, has similarly received none of the care that was recommended.
” The frequent attack of chronic pain which she had been suffering on average on a monthly basis has now turned into a daily routine. And to date none of the underlying medical issues causing these attacks has been addressed “
IPOB Threatens ‘Very Soon We’ll Show’ Governor Umahi, After Attack On Ekweremadu In Germany
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has warned Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, and other Igbo leaders that the group is coming after them.
The warning came some days after a former Senate Deputy President, Ike Ekweremadu, an Igbo politician, was embarrassed and attacked in Nuremberg, Germany.
IPOB, in a statement by an official of the secessionist group, China Edoziem, said the attack on Ekweremadu was a sign of other things that would befall some Igbo leaders.
The statement said, “The Indigenous People of Biafra, led by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, will continue in the avowed pursuit of our right of existence as a people, independent of the evil enclave called Nigeria.
“We’ll be unhindered, unperturbed and unfazed by the cacophony of morally bankrupt manufactured voices that appear to rally round one of them, Ike Ekweremadu.
“Going through the vomit of some of these faceless sycophants with no iota of influence on the ground in Biafraland apart from dishing out meaningless drivel in the name of press statements, one is confronted with the mindset of a people living in a banana republic in which all forms of freedom of expression is brutally repressed and mediocrity extolled to high heavens.”
The statement added, “It is imperative to state that in making that choice, there will be no differentiating between the subservient Biafran politician(s) who see nothing and hear nothing wrong when Biafraland is under Fulani military siege and their caliphate masters that dehumanize, abduct, torture and murder at will.
“Very soon, we shall show Dave Umahi, the governor of Ebonyi State that IPOB has not only the capacity and reach but also the power to achieve our set objectives and fulfil our promise to the living and the dead.
“We are waiting for them and their trumpeters in all the civilized nations of the world. The story of their humiliation will become a subject of study in foreign institutions. Our struggle has shifted to the international arena where every eye will be watching and taking note.”
Meanwhile, the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council has said the attack on Ekweremadu was a wake-up call for all corrupt and ’unrepentant’ Igbo leaders.
The President-General of the youth group, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said this in a statement on Wednesday.
The statement said, “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide observed that tension is building up in many quarters in the South-East as many Igbo leaders had hurriedly cancelled their trips abroad over the recent harassment and mob action against a respected Igbo son and politician, Sen Ike Ekweremadu, at the New Yam Festival at Nuremberg, Germany recently.
“ONYC pleads with our angry Igbo youths and agitators to shelve any planned violent mob action against Igbo leaders here in Nigeria and abroad at the moment and wait to see how many leaders will turn a new
leaf as we feel the anger in the air.
“But Ekweremadu’s assault is a wake-up call for the unrepentant Igbo leaders who had betrayed the confidence of our people in governance. Igbo leaders should be mindful of their utterances, actions and decisions on issues affecting the Igbo.”
Sports writers set agenda for new Minister, Sunday Dare
The National Secretariat of SWAN, in a statement, added that the Minister’s emergence represents a new frontier in the administration of sports in Nigeria and one that is expected to usher in dynamism, resourcefulness and focused leadership.
Speaking through its Deputy Secretary-General, Babafemi Raji, the body noted that over the years, the fortune of Nigeria in international championships have continued to dwindle due largely to lack of concerted effort to discover budding talents that abound across the length and breadth of the country.
He said, “As the umbrella body of all sports journalists in Nigeria, affiliated to the Association Internationale de la Presse Sportive (AIPS) and the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), SWAN calls on the new Minister to give every Sport adequate attention, unlike some of his predecessors that focused mainly on football to the detriment of others.
“SWAN believes that Nigeria deserves more than what the country is getting from sports in view of the abundance of natural talents in practically every field; hence our hope that you will give priority to grassroots sports.
“Equally of importance to SWAN is the regrettable state of federal government-owned sports facilities; we make bold to say that they are mostly in dire need of rehabilitation, especially the pitch of the now Moshood Abiola National Stadium, where it is evident that anthills are freely springing up due to lack of maintenance.
“The recent embarrassment the country faced after the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) allegedly diverted about $135,000 dollars the world Athletics body mistakenly paid to it, is yet to abate, just as athletes representing the country at international championships were thrown out of their hotel accommodation; amidst cases of unpaid allowances and corruption in the sector.
“SWAN equally expects that the yearly allocation to the sports sector from the Federation Account will significantly improve, because sports is a huge industry, that if well programmed has the potential to meaningfully engage a lot of the teeming youths.
“SWAN will be ready to support you push for an increase in the allocation that comes to the Ministry, by engaging relevant government agencies both at the Executive and Legislative arms.
“SWAN is also looking forward to the enactment of a workable national sports policy that will enable every sport to grow, and the creation of an endowment fund for our sports heroes; as well as, an environment that will encourage private sector investment.
“SWAN advocates the upgrading of the National Institute for Sports (NIS) to a Degree Awarding Institute as well as the establishment of a University for Sports with campuses across the country.
“As an Association, we express our readiness to work with any progressive idea you bring to the table, in addition to performing our responsibilities as watchdog of the sports sector, through constructive engagements.”
COZA Pastor vs Busola Dakolo: Biodun Fatoyinbo shunned our investigative panel – PFN
DAILY POST recalls that CAN had given the PFN two weeks to submit report of its probe into the rape allegation against the Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo.
Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, PFN’s National Publicity Secretary, Bishop Emma Isong disclosed that Fatoyinbo ignored the panel that was set up to investigate the accusations against him.
PFN, while declaring the investigation ‘inconclusive’, stated however that Busola and her husband, Timi Dakolo appeared before the panel.
Recall that Busola, wife of Timi Dakolo had in weeks past disclosed details of how Fatoyinbo allegedly raped her when she was a teenager.
Fatoyinbo, however, denied the allegation, saying he has never forced himself on any woman in his life.
Arewa1 day ago
Kashifu Abdullahi named new NITDA boss
Arewa3 days ago
Bandits Kill Four In Fresh Kastina Attack
Buhari2 days ago
Majority of Nigerians are poor – Buhari tells new Ministers [Full text]
Arewa1 day ago
Hukuma ta sake kama rikakken mai satar mutanen nan
Arewa2 days ago
Flood Kills Six, Displaces Over 600 In Jigawa
Buhari2 days ago
Tsokacin masana game da kalaman Buhari a taron ministoci
Law2 days ago
How Sowore planned to overthrow Buhari, free El-Zakzaky – DSS
Arewa1 day ago
Flood ravages ten LGAs in Yobe