Connect with us

News

APC vs PDP: Jonathan’s camp fires back at Buhari campaign over rigging claims, attack on US

The camp of former President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday lambasted the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign council of President Muhammadu Buhari for accusing him of rigging the 2015 general elections and verbal attack on the United States and other countries.

Their reaction was contained in a statement signed by Reno Omokri, former special assistant to Jonathan.

He said Festus Keyamo, spokesman of the Muhammadu Buhari campaign, claimed that “the figures attributed to the PDP were inflated in many places, especially in the South-South, to save the face of the past President (Goodluck Jonathan) and to reduce the margin of his defeat.”

Omokri noted that the statement casts doubt on the sanity of Mr Keyamo, as well as his wild and reckless statement directed at the US Ambassador and other respected diplomats.

He said: “In both the 2011 elections and the 2015 polls, former President Jonathan received praises for conducting the most credible elections in Nigeria’s history bar none.

“On April 18 2011, former Botswana President and head of the Commonwealth Election Observer Group, Mr. Festus Mogae, said: The April 2011 elections marked a genuine celebration of democracy in Africa’s most populous country and a key member of the Commonwealth. Previously held notions that Nigeria can only hold flawed elections are now being discarded and this country can now shake off that stigma and redeem its image.”

“In 2015, Dr Bakili Muluzi, former President of Malawi, who led the Commonwealth Observer Group, said: The conduct of the Presidential and National Assembly elections was credible, peaceful, transparent and reflected the will of the people of Nigeria.”

“It must be noted that the major complaint that the Commonwealth Observer Groups had, both in 2011 and 2015, was the propensity for violence by the candidacy and supporters of then-candidate Muhammadu Buhari.

“Mr. Keyamo may also want to note that voting in the South-South was done largely by PVCs and card readers and it is virtually impossible to rig with such technology.

“We also wish to remind the fallacious and garrulous Mr. Keyamo that of the 31,746,490 accredited voters in the 2015 election, 13,536,311 (42.6%), voted without biometric accreditation. Of this number, 10,184,720 votes (75%) were from states won by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari.

“The above facts clearly show who between Muhammadu Buhari and Dr. Goodluck Jonathan should be accused of rigging.

“The fact of the matter is that Dr. Jonathan is known as The Face of Democracy in Africa and is famous for the Jonathan Doctrine: “My political ambition is not worth the blood of any citizen”. He is not known to threaten to soak people in blood!

“It should be noted that the standard in the conduct of elections over the last four years have deteriorated sharply, with “inconclusive elections” being the order of the day, whereby persons who win the majority of the votes are sidelined in favour of the ruling party candidates.

“In fact, in a Freudian slip on January 27, 2019, Mr. Buhari confessed his role in the rigging of the Osun election when he said:: “I know by remote control through so many sources how we managed to maintain the party (APC) in power in this state.”

“Even worse, under this dispensation, foreign election observers are threatened with promises that they would leave Nigeria in “body bags”.

“Mr. Keyamo is also urged not to destroy Nigeria’s long-standing relationships with her valued friends. He should remember that when his masters are sick, or in need of loans or want to educate their children, they turn to these same democracies that he is now insulting.”

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Court refuses Senator Nwaoboshi’s request to stop INEC from issuing Ned Nwoko Certificate of Return

A Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja has refused to hear the application brought by Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, for an order restraining the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from issuing Certificate of Return to Prince Ned Nwoko in respect of Delta North senatorial district.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed in a short ruling yesterday refused to hear Nwaoboshi’s motion on the grounds that the court lacked the jurisdiction to do so.

According to him, the Court of Appeal had already taken seize of the matter.

Recall that Justice Mohammed had on April 3, 2019 sacked Nwaoboshi as Senator-elect representing Delta North senatorial district.

In sacking the senator, the court had held that Nwaoboshi was not the winner of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primary held on October 2, 2018, conducted to nominate its senatorial candidate for Delta North district in the 2019 general election.

Consequently, Justice Mohammed ordered INEC to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued Nwaoboshi as winner of the Delta North senatorial district election held on February 23 and issue Nwoko with a new certificate of return.

The court in addition, ordered INEC to immediately publish the name of Nwoko as the rightful candidate of the PDP, having established the fact before the court that Nwoko scored a majority of the lawful votes in the primary.

He also ordered Senator Nwaoboshi to stop parading himself as the candidate of the PDP for the Delta North senatorial district.

Not satisfied with the decision of Justice Mohammed, the senator approached the Court of Appeal in Abuja to upturn the judgement.

Nwaoboshi, also in an application urged Justice Mohammed to stay the execution of its earlier order sacking him as senator-elect representing Delta North senatorial district.

However, Justice Mohammed in a short ruling held that since defendants in the suit had appealed his judgement in the substantive suit, he would be transferring the motion together with the entire case file to the appellate court.

“This court has no further jurisdiction on the matter. In view of this, the first defendant’s (Nwaoboshi) motion filed before this court for stay of execution is hereby transmitted to the Court of Appeal,” Justice Mohammed said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Provide evidence that you defeated me in presidential election – Buhari challenges Atiku

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and winner of the February 2019 election, Muhammadu Buhari, has faulted claim by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar that they won the election.

President Buhari told the Presidential Election Tribunal that, by the result announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, he (Buhari) and his party, were victorious in the last election.

The APC candidate also told the Tribunal that the claim by Atiku and the PDP that the tradermoni policy of the government was a vote-buying measure was not true.

According to Buhari, the policy formed one of the many social intervention policies his government had put in place, directed at alleviating the suffering of the masses.

Buhari asked the Tribunal to ignore the claim by the petitioners that they won by results they obtained from a purported INEC server because it lacked legal basis.

Buhari further challenged Atiku and PDP to show evidence that their votes were depleted and manipulated.

This was contained in a preliminary objection filed by his group of lawyers in response to Atiku’s petition.

President Buhari also faulted the petitioners’ allegations of vote manipulation made against some security personnel, some named private individuals and organisations, without making them parties to the petition.

Buhari asked the Tribunal to throw aside Atiku, PDP’s petition on the grounds that the reliefs sought by the petitioners were frivolous.

He added that “The entire reliefs are not justifiable, as the petitioners, who claim to have scored majority of lawful votes insubstantial number of states, are also questioning their own return in those states.

“The petitioners cannot act as petitioners and respondents in the same petition.

“The alternative relief sought is self-defeating, apart from being frivolous.

“The election to the office of President on 23rd F February, 2019, was conducted in substantial compliance with the provision of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended),” he said.

Buhari, challenged the petitioners to produce “specifics of website: www.factsdontlien .com, including its domain owner, proprietor, lessee, lessor; etc., pleaded in paragraph 29 of the petition.

“Details of the electronic data on the servers of the 1st respondent (INEC), including the time, the details were downloaded, the person who downloaded them and the means of downloading (paragraph 29 of the petition).

“The documents from the 1st respondent, publishing the registered voters in Nigeria, as 84, 004, 084 and the number of PVCs collected as 72,775,502 (paragraph 30 of the petition).

“Details and documents, showing a breakdown of the electronically collated votes of 664, 659, allegedly cast for the petitioners in Abia State (paragraph 34 of the petition).

“Documents showing the published registered voters in Bauchi State, as pleaded in paragraph 41 of the petition.

“Details of the electronically collated 332,618 votes in Bayelsa State (paragraph 42).

“Documents showing how petitioners’ votes were depleted by 173,153, in Benue State (paragraph 44).

“Details of how petitioners’ votes were depleted by 210,109 in Bomo State (paragraph 46 of the petition).”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

EPL: Mohamed Salah in shock Liverpool exit after heated discussion with Klopp

Liverpool star man, Mohamed Salah has made a shock request to leave the club, according to AS.
The Egyptian has reportedly told Liverpool he wants to leave after heated discussion with manager, Jurgen Klopp.
Salah has become a hero at the club since joining them nearly two years ago.

However, Spanish outlet AS, reports that the player is now determined to force his way out of the club this summer.

According to the report, Salah has asked the club to sanction his sale at the end of the season.

The paper said this decision comes as a result of a series of heated discussions with Klopp.

The Egyptian is even willing to hand in a transfer request to force through a move.

Salah penned a new bumper five-year contract with the Reds last summer on the back of a record-breaking season at the club.

Salah scored last night as Liverpool defeated Porto 4-1 and book their place in a successive Champions League semi-final.

Liverpool will be hoping on the player as they face Lionel Messi and his Barcelona side in the semi-finals of the competition later this month.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: