The Commander, 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze Owerri, Brigade General H. I. Bature, confirmed their arrest while parading them before newsmen on Tuesday.
Bature said that two out of the five suspects were caught escorting a politician but the army commander did not mention the name of the politician said to be enjoying the security of the fake army officers.
Narrating the incident, Bature told newsmen: “You can see, they are wearing the same uniform. You will find it difficult to differentiate them from myself. They are not soldiers. Unfortunately, two of them were caught escorting a politician.
“One of them, Kelvin is not anywhere close to a military formation. We have a way of identifying fake soldiers.
“The exhibits recovered are unbelievable. I want to sensitize our people that if you are in the habit of recruiting fake soldiers, we will arrest you.”
Woman, daughter steal, sell baby for N.25m
Mrs Ede and her daughter, Kosiso, it was gathered stole the baby at Awada, Obosi, in Idemili North Local Government Area of the State, and later arranged and sold her for N250,000.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state police command, SP Haruna Mohammed who confirmed the story to DAILY POST said the baby had been recovered and handed over to her mother in good health.
Mohammed said,” Police detectives attached to Awada Division arrested one Ngozi Ede, female, aged 42 years and her daughter Kosiso Ede , female, aged 17 years of No 4 Ukaegbu Junction, Awada.
“The suspects conspired and stole one Mesoma Ikoko aged four years from the custody of her mother, one Nneka Ikoko of mammy market, Army Barracks, Onitsha.
“Preliminary investigation further led to the arrest of one Ifeoma Okeke, aged 45 years who collected the child from the above-mentioned suspects and handed over to one Ifeoma Okonkwo of Eke Nkpor.
“The stolen baby has been recovered in good condition and handed over to her mother. Consequently, the sum of N250,000 suspected to be part of the proceeds of the illicit transaction was also recovered as an exhibit.
Mohammed said the case was still being investigated, and that the suspects would be charged to court afterwards.
IGP Adamu backs Buhari on order to kill ballot box snatchers, sends powerful warning
Adamu issued the warning on Tuesday after the security meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House Abuja.
The IGP warned that “ballot snatching, ballot buying, thuggery will never be allowed”.
Buhari had warned yesterday: “I am going to warn anybody who thinks he has enough influence in his locality to lead a body of thugs to snatch boxes or to disturb the voting system, he would do it at the expense of his own life.”
Fielding question from journalists, Adamu said the police were ready to “protect Nigerians” .
He said: “Today, members of the security community and intelligence community came and briefed Mr. President on the security situation in the country. We deliberated on the consequences and came up with the resolve to further provide adequate security within the country so that the electorates will come out and cast their votes without any fear of molestation.
“Every Nigerian is encouraged to come out on the election day and cast his or her vote without any fear of molestation. The security personnel are ready and prepared to protect everybody. Anybody that feels that he can come out and disrupt process should have a rethink because that situation will not be allowed. If you plan and allow yourself to be used as touts, whatever happens to you, you will take it.
“Ballot snatching, ballot buying, thuggery will never be allowed… anybody that is planning to snatch ballot boxes or planning to be used as a tout, will have himself or herself to blame on election day. So you better don’t allow yourself to be used.”
Police arrest two persons over alleged assassination attempts on Delta APC Reps candidate
ACP Cordelia Ikejiani, Area Police Commander Agbor, who confirmed the arrest of the suspects (names withheld), to newsmen in the area, however assured the people of Umunede community, home town of the APC candidate that the police will ensure details investigations, and justice on the incident, adding that the suspects were currently under thorough investigations.
ACP Ikejiani appealed to the protesting youths in the area for calm, saying that only peace would guarantee an environment that will promote healthy growth.
Recall that few days ago, the Ika Federal House of Representatives candidate, Mr. Sebastin Okoh of the All Progressive Congress (APC) was attacked by suspected hired assassins who allegedly rained bullets on his convoy around Umunede and Agbor communities during his campaigns.
It was gathered that the suspected assassins armed with AK47s, within Umunede community, the home town of the APC candidate, allegedly opened fire on his convoy; particularly the vehicle he was.
The matter was said to have been reported to the police at Agbor Police Division where police officers immediately swung into action in tandem with the detectives at the Agbor Area Command and arrested two persons whose names were not released.
But the APC House of Reps candidate, Sebastian Okoh who spoke to DAILY POST said: “I was on campaign tour when the assassins opened fire on my vehicles. This was not the first time. I was in my house last weekend when suddenly bullets started raining down on my building and in the process causing serious damage to vehicles parked in and outside the compound. I struggled to run out through the backdoor, and made straight to the police station where I reported the incident, the attempts to kill me and my household were to put a stop on my liberation agenda, agenda with a divine mandate to give Ika Federal Constituency people-oriented leadership; I’m thanking God for saving me and my family from the warlike situation that lasted for close to an hour”.
Only on Monday, supporters of the APC candidate took to various streets in Umunede community to press home their anger for the perpetrators of the evil attempts on their principal, Sabestin Okoh.
The protesters armed with placards of various inscriptions; “leave Sebastian alone, he is our candidate in Ika Federal constituency, APC is what we want, nobody can kill our candidate, police fish out the evil perpetrators, we need Sabestin in APC” later retired to Agbor Area Command office where they were addressed by some Senior Police Officers before they returned to their various homes.
World News3 days ago
Trump asks Britain to take back Islamic State fighters | US News
Arewa3 days ago
Kajuru massacre: Fulanis abandon Kaduna village after killing of 66 persons
Crime2 days ago
Yin Sabuwar Waka Kan Dage Zabe Ya Jawo An Yi Ma Wani Jina-jina
News3 days ago
FACT CHECK: is Amina Zakari the head of logistics for INEC?
World News2 days ago
Two dozen bodies recovered from flooded illegal Zimbabwe gold mine
Arewa1 day ago
2019 elections: Police in Kano prosecute over 600 electoral offenders
Arewa2 days ago
Boko Haram: Troops kill two terrorists as others flee with gunshot wounds in Borno
News1 day ago
2019: Buhari’s death threat an electoral offence – Atiku