1. The Social Democratic Party (SDP) has suspended its two presidential candidates, Jerry Gana and Donald Duke, over alleged anti-party activities.
Yemi Akinbode, SDP’s Director of Media and Publicity, announced this during a press briefing at the party’s secretariat in Abuja, on Tuesday.
2. A mystery fire broke out inside the Anambra State headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Tuesday
It was gathered that the fire, which started at about 2:10pm, was discovered in a container bearing election materials.
3. Suspected herdsmen have killed at least two persons, injured several others and razed many houses in a fresh attack on Tse-Kyoon, Nyiev Clan, Guma LGA, Benue State.
The attackers, armed with dangerous weapons, stormed the village, Monday evening and started shooting sporadically into the air.
4. The General Overseer of Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministries Int’l (EBOMI), Prophet Isa El-Buba, on Tuesday predicted that President Muhammadu Buhari will lose the election to his Peoples Democratic Party’s counterpart, Atiku Abubakar.
The cleric said the Nigerian people will surely protect their votes and if the President loses the election, he will have no option than to go to his country home in Daura, Katsina State.
5. The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has again called on the Executive arm of the Federal Government to discontinue the charge against suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Samuel Onnoghen.
The NBA in a statement said that, as widely reported, one of the two petitions against the CJN that is currently before the National Judicial Council (NJC) was an exact replica of the petition that motivated the CCT Charge.
6. Five suspected fake soldiers were on Tuesday arrested by the Imo State Police Command headquarters in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
The Commander, 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze Owerri, Brigade General H. I. Bature, while parading them before newsmen on Tuesday, said that two out of the five suspects were caught escorting a politician.
7. A former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, Alhaji Asari Dokubo, has blasted the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.
Dokubo, a frontline agitator for the actualization of Biafra, slammed Kanu for allegedly betraying the cause of the struggle by calling for election boycott, which he (Asari) sees as a support for President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election bid.
8. Babachir Lawal, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation was on Tuesday arraigned in an FCT High Court Maitama on allegation of N544 million grass cutting fraud.
He was arraigned alongside Hamidu Lawal, a director of Rholaviosion Engineering Ltd., Babachir’s company, Sulaiman Abubakar, a staff of the same company and Apeh Monday, a staff in Josmon Technologies Ltd and consequently remanded in EFCC custody pending the outcome of the ruling on their bail applications on Feb. 13.
9. Immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has alleged of plot by the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government to jam all telecommunications networks from 5am on Saturday till 5pm on Sunday to make it impossible for use of internet and phone calls during the Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Fayose, who is also the Southwest Coordinator of the Atiku/Obi PDP Presidential Campaign Council said the equipment for the sinister plot.
10. The Kaduna State Command of the Department of State Services ( DSS ) has explained why it arrested the Director General of the Peoples Democratic Party campaign, Ben Bako.
The security outfit said it picked up Bako because of a recent inciting statement credited to him.
Boko Haram ta hallaka mutum 11 a Maiduguri
‘Yan sanda a birnin Maiduguri a jihar Borno a Najeriya sun tabbatar da cewa kungiyar Boko Haram ta hallaka mutane 11 da kuma raunata wasu 15.
Wani shugaban kungiyar mayakan sa-kai ya bayyana cewa an kai harin ne da nufin dakatar da mutane zuwa rumfunan zabe.
Harin ya faru ne da safiyar Asabar a kudancin birnin, inda mayakan suka bude wuta, wasu ‘yan kunar bakin-wake kuma suka tarwatsa kansu da bama-bamai.
A yau ne aka shirya gudanar da zaben shugaban kasa da na ‘yan majalisar dokokin kasar, sai dai an dage zaben zuwa mako mai zuwa sa’o’i kadan kafin a fara kada kuri’a.
Aikace-aikacen ‘yan ta’adda ya tilasta wa mutane da dama barin muhallansu a Borno, al’amarin da ya jawo hukumar zabe ta kirkiri rumfunan zabe a sansanonin ‘yan gudn hijira.
Ko a ranar Laraba da ta gabata ‘yan Boko Haram sun far wa ayarin motocin gwamnan Borno, inda suka kashe mutum uku.
What Dino Melaye said about INEC’s postponement of elections
Recall that early Saturday, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu said the presidential election was shifted to February 23, while the governorship was rescheduled for March 9.
He blamed the shift in date on problems of logistics.
Reacting, at a press briefing in his native Aiyetoro-Gbede, the Senator described the postponement as part of the grand plan by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
He said: “The postponement is just a confirmation of already designed rigging of the APC.
“We shouted that they were planning to rig the elections; we shouted that the Attorney-General of the Federation (Abubakar Malami, SAN) wrote INEC; we shouted that the National Security Adviser (Babagana Monguno) wrote the President.”
He went further to allege that President Muhammadu Buhari had planned to announce the postponement of the polls himself in a nationwide broadcast on Thursday but was dissuaded from doing so because he lacked the necessary powers.
However, Melaye added that “the postponement of the polls is the postponement of the evil day. Nigerians have decided they are leaving the land of ‘Egypt’ for the ‘promised land.’”
Boko Haram: 6 killed in Maiduguri
DAILY POST reports that earlier and in the eve of Friday, a suicide bomber killed himself and one other person.
Residents of Polo area told DAILY POST that with six corpses were recovered after the attacks.
It could be recalled that there have been rumour of possible Boko Haram incursion during the presidential and National Assembly elections in the northeast Nigeria.
Security agencies are yet to react to the development.
News2 days ago
Buhari reveals those he’ll deal with
News22 hours ago
We’ve foiled APC govt plot to rig for Buhari – Atiku releases proof
Arewa3 days ago
2019 elections: Wike advises Buhari to get psychiatrist for Amaechi
Buhari3 days ago
2019 presidency: Reason we are not happy with Buhari – Abuja indigenes
Entertainment1 day ago
Vogue Brazil executive Donata Meirelles quits over ‘slavery’ party picture | World News
Arewa22 hours ago
BREAKING: INEC postpones Nigeria elections, announces new dates, gives reasons
News2 days ago
2019: Atiku is my friend – Tinubu releases statement ahead of Saturday election
Arewa2 days ago
Nigeria decides: What PDP must do to stop APC from snatching Atiku’s victory – Primate Ayodele