Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Bandits yesterday, invaded the palace of Alhaji Ahmadu Attahiru, the Emir of Kagara in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State with the intention to abduct the Emir. He was, however, not in the house when the armed men invaded the area. The Niger State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Wasiu Abiodun confirmed the attack.
2. The Nigerian Navy has distanced itself from Commodore Jamila Sadiq Abubakar, who accused Chadian soldiers of selling arms illegally. In a statement on Tuesday, Suleman Dahun, spokesman of the Nigerian Navy, said the view of the officer did not reflect the position of the Navy.
3. Gunmen have kidnapped a former Chief of Logistics, Nigerian Air Force (NAF), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Sikiru Oladimeji Smith in Lagos State. The Police Public Relations Officer, Adekunle Ajisebutu confirmed the abduction.
4. Armed robbers broke into a branch of Wema Bank in Iragbiji, headquarters of Boripe Local Government Area of Osun State, on Tuesday, killing a policeman. A resident of the town, who spoke with with newsmen, said the robbers also attacked the police station in the community.
5. The Federal Capital Territory, FCT Police Command, yesterday, confirmed the arrest of 57 suspected members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shi’ites who stormed the Gwarinpa area of the nation’s capital on Tuesday morning. The PPRO said items recovered from the suspects include, a vehicle, flags, petrol bombs, weapons, mobile phones, charms and other exhibits.
6. Two persons have lost their lives in a fire incident in Omerelu community in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State. An eyewitness said the accident occurred when the driver of a truck, conveying petroleum products, was trying to dodge security operatives who attempted to extort money from him on the Port Harcourt-Owerri road, when the truck veered off the road and rammed into a parked vehicle.
7. Attorney–General of the Federation and Minister of Justice (AGF), Abubakar Malami, has disclosed that the Federal Government has received numerous applications from some convicts and inmates asking for pardon and clemency. He stated this during a meeting with members of the Presidential Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy (PACPM) in Abuja, yesterday.
8. The indebtedness of 77 oil and gas companies to the Federal Government is now N2.66tn, the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative said on Tuesday. NEITI’s Executive Secretary, Orji Ogbonnaya-Orji, who said this in Abuja while speaking on the status of EITI implementation in Nigeria, said the 77 firms carried out their operations across the country.
9. The Big Brother Naija Shine Ya Eye housemates participated in a challenge organised by Innoson Vehicle Manufacturers and Pere emerged as the winner of the task. As the winner, Pere received a brand new car, IVM CARIS 2021 model.
10. Lionel Messi scored his first goal in a Paris Saint-Germain shirt as they beat visiting Manchester City 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday. After Idrissa Gueye put the hosts ahead in the eighth minute, PSG withstood ferocious City pressure before Messi sealed the victory, firing high into the net from a Kylian Mbappe lay-off to score in his fourth appearance for the club since signing from Barcelona last month.
News5 days ago
Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB gives conditions to dialogue with Buhari govt
Arewa1 day ago
Security agents chase, destroy bandits’ camp in Katsina, recover rustled animals
Crime3 days ago
NSC confirms attack on Oyo prison
Law5 days ago
Court sends Nnamdi Kanu back to DSS custody, adjourns till November
Buhari2 weeks ago
COVID-19: FG to ban unvaccinated workers from offices December 1
Crime2 weeks ago
Army neutralises three unknown gunmen in Anambra
News2 days ago
Man Utd vs Liverpool: Solskjaer speaks on resigning as manager after 5-0 defeat
News3 weeks ago
FEC approves N16.39trn 2022 budget proposal