1. The Federal Government, on Tuesday, dismissed claims that doctors and health workers in Nigeria are being owed salary. The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, stated this at the opening of the meeting of the Presidential Committee on Salaries with the leadership of the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU).
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has praised the service chiefs for their efforts but charged them to do more to address the rising insecurity across the country. This was according to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, who attended a security briefing at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.
3. The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mallam Mele Kyari, says the challenges in sourcing adequate supply of cooking gas has led to the increase in price of the commodity. Kyari disclosed this during a working visit to the headquarters of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in Abuja on Tuesday.
4. The new Minister of Power, Engr. Abubakar D. Aliyu has expressed his determination to work with all stakeholders to deliver on the mandate given to him and make President Muhammadu Buhari and “every Nigerian happy”. Engr. Aliyu spoke with State House reporters after a meeting with President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday.
5. About 18 people were kidnapped from a community in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State yesterday morning. Eyewitnesses said the gunmen came in large number and after causing confusion in the area, they kidnapped 18 people.
6. The Governing Council of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife has dismissed Dr. Adebayo Mosobalaje, a lecturer at the Department of English Language in the Faculty of Art, who was allegedly found guilty of sexual demeanor against a female student. This was announced in a statement by the university’s Public Relations Officer of the University, Abiodun Olarewaju, titled, ‘Sexual harassment: OAU dismisses another lecturer’, issued on Tuesday.
7. The apex Igbo socio-political organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has called on Imo State citizens to ignore the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari’a visit on Thursday, September 9. In a statement issued on Tuesday by Dimm Uche Okwukwu, Deputy President General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, the group encouraged all residents of Imo State “to come out en masse and welcome the President”.
8. A notorious leader of a terror group, popularly known as Modestus Ugwuoha a.k.a “Modukpe,” has been shot dead in a gun duel with the police at Obiapko Community located in Ohaji Egbema LGA of Imo State. The Commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Hussaini who confirmed the killing, said sequel to the terror attack on Njaba Police Station and the killing of a police Inspector, the command ordered that a comprehensive investigation be conducted to fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act.
9. The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) on Tuesday in Abuja directed owners of undeveloped lands to rid their property of criminals. Chairman, Ministerial Task Force on City Sanitation, Ikharo Attah, issued a warning to them during a clean-up operation in the city centre.
10. The Governors elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are to meet on Wednesday ahead of the party’s National Executive Committee meeting Scheduled for Sept. 9. Chairman, PDP Governors Forum, Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State, disclosed this in a statement issued by the forum’s Director-General, Mr C.I.D Maduabum, in Abuja on Tuesday.
News3 weeks ago
Willian’s exit from Arsenal confirmed
Arewa2 weeks ago
Buhari To Visit Imo State On Thursday
More3 weeks ago
If Nigerian Politicians Are Not Careful, We’ll All Be Chased Out Of Abuja One Day By The Poor—Buhari’s Minister, Amaechi
Buhari2 weeks ago
IPOB Rejects Buhari’s Thursday Visit To Imo, Declares Sit-At-Home Protest
Sport3 weeks ago
Cristiano Ronaldo officially signs for Manchester United as details of contract revealed | UK News
Health2 weeks ago
COVID-19: North Korea declines offer of three million coronavirus vaccines, says UNICEF | World News
Law2 weeks ago
Nnamdi Kanu: DSS stopped American lawyer from seeing IPOB leader in detention – Counsel
News1 week ago
EPL reacts as FIFA bans 11 players from playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool