Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has asked the leading opposition party to stop making moves towards the conduct of its National Convention. In a letter addressed to the party (6th respondent) by his counsel, Tayo Oyetibo (SAN), Secondus asked the court to restrain the party from going ahead with the exercise pending the hearing and final determination of his appeal to the effect.
2. The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has announced the resumption of the Abuja-Kaduna Train Services (AKTS). This is coming 24 hours after an attack on a section of the 186-kilometer railway track led the corporation to suspend its services. In a statement on Friday night, NRC announced the resumption of operations.
3. The Katsina State Police Command has arrested a teenager over his alleged involvement in banditry. The boy aged 14 was paraded at the command headquarters. According to Isah Gambo, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, the minor confessed to killing two persons during one of his operations.
4. The Federal Government has said EndSARS protesters played into the hands of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, said this at a press briefing in Abuja on Friday.
5. Scores of persons were reportedly killed after a petrol pipeline exploded at Rumuekpe community in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State. Community sources said that the incident which occurred on Thursday, was as a result of oil bunkering activities.
6. The Federal Government has exposed the an alleged “link between Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho, and convicted terror sponsors. At a briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), spoke on the financial transaction involving Igboho and suspects in the Joint Terrorist Financing Investigation.
7. Ahead of the 2023 elections, a group of the All Progressives Congress, APC, members under the aegis of Progressive Consolidation Group, PCG, has called on the ruling party, to adopt Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo as its consensus candidate for the Presidential elections. The PCG, which held a rally in Ikeja, Lagos State, to receive the Vice President, urged him to put himself forward for the presidential position.
8. The Federal government has announced the postponement of 2021 Digital Nigeria Conference, Exhibition and Awards. This was contained in a statement signed by the Head, Corporate Affairs and External Relations, Umar Hadiza (Mrs).
9. The United States Government has said the Federal Government is expected to deploy the Super Tucano aircraft only in the northern part of the country where Boko Haram terrorists have engaged the Nigerian state in a decade-long insurgency, killing thousands and displacing millions. The US Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Beth Leonard, said the terms of the agreement during the sale of the 12 Tucano aircraft were explicit.
10. Gunmen suspected to be bandits have kidnapped the younger brother to the wife of former Governor of Zamfara State, Fatima Abdul Aziz Yari at their country home in Talatar Mafara Local Government Area of the state. According to eyewitnesses, the kidnapped victim just came back from the United Arab Emirate (UAE) when the abductors stormed his residence, collected unspecified huge amount of money and took him away to an unknown destination.
World News2 weeks ago
France pledges to ‘fight every day’ to uphold fishermen’s rights amid Brexit row with UK
Business1 week ago
FG announces date Nigeria Air will finally commence operations
News1 week ago
Yoruba group accuses PDP of plot to undermine Amotekun operations
Crime1 week ago
We didn’t burn houses, shops in Imo community – IPOB/ESN
Crime1 week ago
NDLEA arrests Liberia-based drug trafficker with 9.30kg cocaine in Abuja
Law1 week ago
Diezani loses bid to recover $40m jewellery seized by Nigerian govt
News1 week ago
Former United’s coaxh Solskjaer clashed with Carrick before sack
News3 weeks ago
EPL: Zidane’s conditions to replace Solskjaer as Manchester United manager revealed