Connect with us

News

Gov. Bello’s CPS, Petra Oyegbule reportedly resigns

Mrs Petra Akiti Oyegbule, the Chief Press Secretary to the Kogi State Governor, has reportedly resigned her position.

A source close to the State Government house confirmed the resignation of Petra to AREWA .NG, correspondent in Lokoja, the Kogi capital, on Monday.

The source said the government will soon release a statement to the effect.

Details of her resignation is still sketchy as at the time of filing this report.

Efforts by AREWA .NG ,to confirm the story from Mrs Oyegbule proved abortive as calls to her phone rang out.

The development is coming less than a month after the Senior Special Assistant to governor Bello on New Media, Joel Odaudu, also resigned from the cabinet of the new direction government in Kogi State.

On her Facebook page, Petra had earlier wrote, “I watched Ellen DeGeneres special on Netflix. It’s titled RELATABLE”, adding that, “whatever fear we feel which cages us, we have to muster enough courage to confront it and conquer it. Relatable, no? I found it very relatable. Confront and conquer your fears. I will do mine”.

Meanwhile, an insider has told DAILY POST that armed mobile policemen numbering about six were seen entering the house of the former CPS on Monday morning but their mission is still unknown as at press time.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

2019 UTME: JAMB speaks on release of result to candidates, gives reasons for delay

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it would reach out to candidates through their telephones as soon as all the results of the 2019 UTME were ratified.

The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

According to him, candidates should not be carried away by what he described as rumours and misleading information in some sections of the media, especially the social media.

“The board want to distance itself from such rumours about releasing the results of candidates of the just concluded UTME and steps to check these results as being speculated.

“Candidates should disregard this information as it is not true. It is not emanating from the board.

“No results have been released yet. Yes the results are all ready, but we are yet to release them because they are still being ratified.

“The board is carrying out all the checks and balances regarding these results by way of viewing the CCTV camera as well as attend to all findings brought before it while the examination lasted.

“The release of the result will be publicised as soon as we are through with all the board has set out to achieve. We will let the public know

“Candidates should not bother themselves going to any cyber cafe to check any result. Our result check has been standardised. We will forward the results to the respective telephone numbers of those candidates who are deserving of it,” he said.

He said that the board was intensifying efforts to ensure that results of deserving candidates were released by next week.

Benjamin further explained that it was not also true that the board was deducting some marks from candidates with proven cases of examination malpractice.

According to him, once the board establishes evidence of any form of examination malpractice, it will cancel outrightly, the result of such candidate rather than deduct marks.

“If we establish any case of infraction or examination malpractise being carried out in any centre too, such centre is shut down and the entire results of candidates who wrote in that centre from the commencement of the examination, which is Aprill 11 to the end will automatically be cancelled.

“Such affected candidates are rescheduled immediately for the examination in another centre as was the case in some centres in Abia,” he said.

He added that the board made several arrests of persons caught trying to undermine the integrity of the examination and process, while it lasted, just like it shut down centres that fell short of standard.

Benjamin said that Prof. Ishaq Oloyede led JAMB has a zero tolerance for any form of corruption, which included examination malpractice.

“Right now, we have just read from a major national daily that an ex-JAMB staff is about to be arraigned by the EFCC over an alleged diversion of about N100 million belonging to the board.

“Let me make it clear that this said case was not during the tenure of the current JAMB Registrar.

“Infact, one of the major guide lines of the current board is total transparency and accoubtability, coupled with its ooen door policy,”, Benjamin told NAN

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Crime

Police arrest 5 traffic robbery suspects in Lagos

A team of surveillance attached to the Police Command in Lagos State has arrested five traffic robbery suspects, the Spokesperson of the command, DSP Bala Elkana, has said.

Elkana said in a statement that the suspects were arrested by the police patrol team on surveillance along Oshodi/Apapa express way.

“The policemen sighted some armed bandits at Toyota bus stop, under Daleko bridge, taking advantage of the traffic congestion, robbing motorists and other unsuspecting members of the public of their valuables such as laptops, cell phones and money.

“Three suspects namely; Daniel Ani, 19; Akinbode Muiz, 17, and Oluwasegun Emmanuel, 24, were arrested. They confessed to being responsible for traffic robbery along Mushin and its environs.

“They confessed to have stolen numerous phones and bags from different victims as well as a bag containing the sum of N25,000 belonging to one Oyebanji Ibukun of No 14, waheed Ologunju street, Okeafa Isolo before they were apprehended by the Police,” he said.

The statement added that two knives and cutlasses were recovered from the suspects and that investigation was ongoing after which the suspects would be charged to court.

The spokesman also said that two suspects namely Olalekan Taoreed, 20 of No.20, Sunday street, Ijora Badia and Adeniyi Okunloye of No. 25, Alaba Road, Suru Alaba were arrested by the police on April 19, and that one Samsung Duos cell phone stolen from one of the victims was recovered from them.

He said their arrest by the surveillance patrol team attached to Orile Police Station followed a distress call at 8 p.m.that some traffic robbers were operating at Alafia area along Lagos Badagry Express Way.

According to him, “One big sharp cutlass which was used in inflicting injuries on their victims was recovered from them. The suspects confessed to being responsible for traffic robberies along Orileand environs.

“Investigation is ongoing and suspects will be charged to Court, ” Elkana said.

He said the Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, had warned that with the deployment of surveillance teams across the state, tough times awaited traffic robbers.

“The command will continue to make Lagos State difficult for criminal elements to operate. The commissioner calls on Lagosians to be vigilant at all times,” he said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Niger-Delta chiefs, elders warn military against invading home of monarchs

Forum of South-South chiefs and elders have condemned the invasion of the residence of the Amanyanabo of Okochiri Kingdom, in Okirika Local Government Area of Rivers State, King Ateke Tom, by men in camouflage regalia believed to be military men.

The body warned that the incident should be the last time the military would unwantonly invade the home of a traditional ruler in the region.

It also urged the military to seek a way of pacifying the region for the attack on one of its traditional rulers.

The Chairman of the Forum, High Chief Harry Omubo, made this call, weekend, at the palace of King Ateke, at Okochiri on Okirika Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Omobo said: “We were not happy when we got the news of the invasion of your palace by military men. We are standing against this kind of marginalization and intimidation.

“Your reign as a King is important to us, the South-South Chiefs and elders. And we have come to condemn this very act by the military in its entirety.

“We want to state that this should be the last time the military will under political guise denigrate our traditional stool. Let this kind of thing never happen again.

“They cannot invade the home of an emir or any other prominent person in the North. Because of your leadership qualities, we have decided that you become our patron.”

Responding, King Ateke, thanked the chiefs and elders for their solidarity, stressing that he would continue to work towards the development of the region.

Ateke said, “When this incident happened, The King thought Niger Deltans will not make any move. Now I know that I have people.

“This is a trial period. In the bible all kings were warlords and that is why God chose him at this time.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: