Connect with us

News

Buhari vs Atiku: Nnamdi Kanu speaks on working for APC

Published

on

The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has lambasted the governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, for using his position to campaign for someone he (Kanu) described as Jubril Al Sudani

Kanu also pointed out that the reason for his call for the boycott of the 2019 polls was not in line with the claims making the rounds of him supporting the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

The IPOB leader said this in a live radio broadcast from London, obtained by DAILY POST on Sunday.

Nnamdi Kanu said, “Now let us consider those asking us to vote. We will remember when Restructuring was the rage. Even Kadira Ahmed came to my house to interview me for a special edition of The Core program for Channels TV.

“This was before the combined Nigerian Army and Air Force came to my house to kill and bomb my village at the behest of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Igbo Governors and other political errand boys in Lagos and Abuja.

“When I say how they are, they say I don’t respect them but I want the world to know tonight that our decision to boycott the elections predates the emergence of Atiku and Obi.

“Nigeria to my knowledge is the only geographical expression I know where supposed human beings have steadfastly refused to reason.

“At the height of the restructuring debate, elder statesmen gathered from far and wide to endorse IPOB’s stance that if nothing substantial happens on the restructuring from that they were going to boycott this same elections.

“Here are some of the ways ZOO newspapers carried it:

At this point I would like every listener and those of you here with any internet accessible device to please Google search ‘NO RESTRUCTURING NO ELECTION’

“The question we must all ask is this, if Anambra boycott was not effective, why did they initially opt for boycott of 2019 polls.

“There are those born outside our sacred land in the backstreets of squalid towns like Lagos, Kanon and heaven knows where else.

“They were raised in ignorance and brought up in stupidity, oblivious to our way of life.

“They are the e-rats saying I am working for APC because I merely reiterated what I had been saying since 2014 that Biafrans will boycott the elections. Our boycott started as far back as when Atiku was still an APC member campaigning for the election of the dead Buhari.

“Where were these people in 2014 when we started our boycott of Nigeria elections campaign or have they forgotten?

“I was instrumental in the election of Peter Obi as the governor of Anambra State. I used Radio Biafra to campaign for Willie Obiano against Nigige because we felt APGA represented the interest of the people.

“Today Obiano is a monumental disappointment and using that supposedly hallowed platform to campaign for Jubril Al-Sudani. My stand on election boycott predates most of these newly recruited PDP e-rats but sadly Nigerian newspapers would not correct.

“It is a mark of consistency that we are still carrying on with the implementation of something we started in 2014. Look at the so-called no restructuring no vote group, where are they today?”

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ondo Communal Clash: Death Toll Rises To Four

Published

on



Gbenga Akinpelumi, one of the locals that were attacked during a communal clash in Araromi Obu in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State is dead, SaharaReporters can confirm.

A relative of Akinpelumi, who does not want his name published, disclosed the sad news to SaharaReporters on Friday.

He said Akinpelumi sustained injuries from the gunshots which penetrated his abdomen.

“Akinpelumi could not survive the surgeries carried out on him by the doctors. Sadly, we lost him at exactly 12: 48 midnight on Thursday,” the relative said on the phone.

Akinpelumi, a farmer, was among those injured and rushed to the Trauma and Surgical Centre, Ondo shortly after the clash between the locals.

The clash occurred between the people of Araromi Obu living in Ago Alaye town and the Ikale community in Okitipupa Local Government Area of the State.

Both southern communities in Ondo State were fighting over a “land” as no fewer than eight persons were injured while properties worth millions of naira were destroyed during the attacks.




With the sad development, the death toll in the community has risen to four while the remaining injured are still receiving various treatments in the hospital.

Meanwhile, it was gathered on Friday that the residents of Ago Alaye town in Odigbo Local Government Area of the state have now deserted the community over the fear of another attack.

This development led to the declaration of a 24-hour curfew on the town by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu with a charge on security agencies to beef up security in the nook and cranny of the community.

The governor has also embarked on an on-the-spot assessment of the communities with a warning that any person found culpable in the violence would be made to face the wrath of the law.

He said, “Our administration will not condone any form of criminalities in the state.”

The governor was accompanied by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Undie Adie, the Brigade Commander of the 32 Artillery Brigade, Brig. Gen. Zakari Abubakar, and other security chiefs.

When he visited the palace of the Ajobu of Araromi Obu, Oba Aderemi Adelola, the governor assured him of maximum security of lives and property of the people of the town.

He said, “Our government is ready to take action on Ago Alaye community if the violence persists.”

Akeredolu, who said security forces were on the ground to maintain peace and order, commended the monarch for maintaining peace in the community by appealing to the people against a reprisal.

“I have heard that you called your subjects that there should not be any reprisal. You have maintained peace within Araromi community. We thank you for that. We will not allow miscreant to disturb the peace in this community.”

At the palace of Abodi of Ikaleland, Oba George Faduyile, the governor pleaded with the traditional rulers in Ikaleland to caution their subjects.

Akeredolu added that the state government would set up a committee to look into the cause of conflict.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Transfer: Guardiola reveals player he would love to sign for Man City

Published

on

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has said he would like to sign a centre-back, ahead of the 2019/2020 season.

The Premier League champions have failed to replace Vincent Kompany, after the Belgian decided to quit the Etihad after 10 years, to become player-manager at Anderlecht.

City are refusing to meet Leicester’s £90million valuation of Harry Maguire, while reports of a possible move for Benfica’s Ruben Dias has been dismissed by club officials.

That means City could go into the new season with John Stones, Aymeric Laporte, Nicolas Otamendi and youngsters Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood Bellis.

“We are so happy with the squad we have.

“I don’t know if the players here will stay or new players will come, but since I came here I have been delighted with the players we have.

“Maybe we (will replace Kompany), but we have three incredible central defenders.

“And Fernandinho can play in that position, also. We will see,” Guardiola told reporters on their pre-season tour.

City have so far spent a club-record £63million on Spanish midfielder Rodri and £6million to bring back full-back Angelino from PSV Eindhoven.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

United States Of Biafra: Asari Dokubo Urges Niger Deltans To Join South-east, Slams Northerners

Published

on



Asari Dokubo, founder of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force has declared his support for the actualization of Biafra while calling on Niger Delta people to return home following threats from Arewa youths.

His declaration came on the heels of northerners asking herdsmen to leave the South and the suspended implementation of Ruga settlements in parts of Nigeria.

Dokubo made his position known in a meeting with leaders of Niger Delta states.

He said: “We, the people of the Niger Delta today, resolved to be part and parcel of the actualization the United States of Biafra.

“What has brought us here today is the dark cloud that is gathering. In 1967, we did not ask for war, war was imposed on us and millions of our people were killed. Our properties were destroyed and so many people until today are carrying the scars of that imposed war.

“Our people have not gone to Kano, Kebbi, Sokoto, Borno to ask that land be forcefully given to us or that our resources should be used to give us properties in the north.

“But northern organizations and northern individuals have come up to say we must surrender our land to them to create colonies on our land. Are you going to allow that?

“We will not surrender one grain of sand of our sacred land to anybody. We will stand on our land and wait for you to come and carry out your threat and inshallah by the grace of God we will defeat you.

“We have heard that you have called your people to come back home. They should all go, we will assist them to leave (because) this is what we have been looking for all along.

“We call on our people, Igbo, Ibibio, Ikwerre, Ijaw return back home. If anything happens to you and this coward spines on you, you would have yourself to blame. We would not continue to risk our integrity and our pride because of you, return home now.

“We extend a hand of fellowship to our brothers in the middle belt who are suffering the same pain and deprivation as we do. We are with you in your hours of grief and pain and we will stand with you to the end.

“To our Yoruba brothers in Afenifere, and the leader of Afenifere whose daughter has been gruesomely murdered by this Gambari invaders. We condole with you but this is the price we have to pay to wake up.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: