1. The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army (NA), on Tuesday, absolved soldiers of any involvement in the shooting of End SARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos State on October 20.
Major Osoba Olaniyi, the Acting Director of the Army Public Relations of the division, insisted that soldiers did not shoot at End SARS protesters.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has re-appointed the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, for a second term in office.
Buhari, in a letter sent to President of the Senate, Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan on Tuesday, said his decision was in accordance with the provision of Section 154 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended).
3. The NYSC announced on Tuesday that 43 hoodlums, who invaded its Abuja camp, had been arrested and some of the stolen items recovered.
NYSC DG, Shuaibu Ibrahim said the hoodlums came in at 7 a.m. and burgled the store where the FCT administration kept palliatives for COVID-19 victims, but found the store empty as everything was distributed since July.
4. The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has approved the full resumption of markets in the State.
All food and non-food markets can now operate every day and at their usual hours.
5. An articulated vehicle laden with petrol exploded in Lagos State on Tuesday.
The incident occured in the morning at a petrol station along Ajayi Road, Ogba. No life was, however, lost in the incident.
6. Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, has announced that beneficiaries nationwide will receive a one-time grant of N30,000 with Lagos, Kano, State and Federal Capital Territory, FCT and nine more States in the first batch.
He said that enumeration and verification are still ongoing for Payroll Support Scheme while the free CAC Business Names’ Registration for 250,000 MSMEs has also commenced.
7. The Federal Government has declared Thursday, October 29, as public holiday to celebrate this year’s Eid Mawlid, which celebration of the birth of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The Minister of Interior Rauf Aregbesol, who announced this in a statement released by Mohammed Manga, Director (Press & Public Relations), urged Muslims to “imbibe the spirit of love, patience and perseverance which are the virtues of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).”
8. The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has insisted that social media should be regulated to checkmate fake news.
Speaking when he appeared before the House Committee on information, National Ethics and Values to defend the 2021 proposed budget of his ministry, Mohammed warned that Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder if the issue of fake news is not urgently addressed.
9. The Federal Government on Tuesday said it has disbursed over N6billion to poor households in six out of the 14 local government areas of Zamfara State.
The disbursement was done under the federal government Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) scheme in 2020.
10. The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, on Tuesday, sacked one of its officer identified as, Corps Assistant Illiya Ibrahim of the Gwagwalada Division Abuja, for joining the hoodlums in looting Covid-19 palliatives in Gwagwalada,
A statement released on Tuesday by Ekunola Gbenga, Media Assistant to the Commandant General NSCDC, Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu, said Ibrahim’s dismissal was approved after a series of investigations and deliberations by the junior disciplinary committee.
Entertainment3 days ago
Mr Eazi sets eyes on Arewa Music
More3 weeks ago
2023: INEC reveals when voters registration will begin
Hausa2 weeks ago
Halin Da Ake Ciki Yayin Da Biden Ya Shiga Gaban Trump a Pennsylvania
Law2 weeks ago
Enough is Enough was registered for selling sport equipments not as NGO – CAC
Arewa2 weeks ago
BREAKING: Gov Zulum hails UAE govt for convicting Boko Haram sponsors, messages Buhari
Education2 weeks ago
ASUU Accuses Nigerian Government Of Forcing Lecturers to Resume Without Addressing Lingering Issues
Law2 weeks ago
US Supreme Court denies immediate halt of Pennsylvania count
More3 weeks ago
House of Reps committee rejects Aviation budget