1. The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has directed its members to sell the Premium Moto Spirit, PMS, also known as petrol for N150 per litre in Kano State.
The Chairman of Kano State chapter of IPMAN, Bashir Danmallam, who conveyed the directive in a statement on Wednesday, said that the directive follows the new price modulation announced by the Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC).
2. Okopido, Chairman of the Akwa Ibom State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is dead.
Okopido died of multiple organ failure.
3. Yekini Idiaye, Edo State House of Assembly Deputy Speaker, has been impeached.
Idiaye, who represents Akoko-Edo Constituency I, was removed during Wednesday’s plenary session and the Assembly elected Roland Asoro as his replacement.
4. Some aggrieved Nigerian on Wednesday staged a nationwide protest over the rising killings and insecurity in Nigeria.
The protesters, under the umbrella of Revolution Now demanded for an end to the killings across the country.
5. After one year, the Convener of RevolutionNow in Osun State, Olawale Bakare, has been rearrested by operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, in Osogbo.
Olawale, on Wednesday with members of the Revolution Now converged at the popular Olaiya junction in Osogbo to state a protest against bad governance, lack of infrastructure, extra-judicial activities, among others before he was picked up by some heavily armed security men.
6. The Lagos State Government has revoked the 2018 Land Use Charge (LUC).
Commissioner for Finance, Rabiu Olowo, who made the announcement on Wednesday, said the government reverted to pre-2018 land use charges.
7. Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) says surrendering Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists would be given humane treatment.
Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Yusuf, Force Commander, who gave the assurance on Tuesday during an interaction with former fighters in Mora, Extreme North Region, Cameroon, said terrorism was orchestrated by few individuals who desired to inflict suffering on millions of people in the Lake Chad Basin, for their own selfish and personal interests.
8. The Presidency has faulted reports that the federal government was absolving repentant Boko Haram terrorists into the Nigerian military.
President Muhammadu Buhari’s spokesman, Garba Shehu insisted that none of the 601 repentant Boko Haram members who were recently deradicalized has been integrated into the military.
9. No fewer than 150 Nigerians girls trafficked and stranded in Lebanon are to be evacuated to Nigeria in August.
The Lebanese Ambassador to Nigeria Mr. Houssam Diab disclosed the evacuation plans when the Management of NIDCOM, led by the Secretary Egnr. Dr Sule Yakubu Bassi visited the Embassy in Abuja.
10. Justice Elias Abua of a vacation Court sitting at the High Court complex, Calabar in Cross River State has withdrawn from the suit challenging the inauguration of ward and local government executive committees of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The suit is between Pastor Otu Edet Marshall, Mr Terence Orok, Raphael Stephen Ntui and Henry Ekpenyong Edem (all applicants) and the PDP, the National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, National Organising Secretary, Col. Austin Akobundu (rted) and State Chairman of PDP, Ntufam Edim Inok.
Education2 weeks ago
ASUU advises FG to review fuel pump price increase
Arewa2 weeks ago
Gobarar tankar mai ta kone gidaje da motoci a Neja – AREWA News
News3 weeks ago
Shari’a will not be neglected during my tenure in Zamfara —Gov Matawalle
More2 weeks ago
Nobody has hijacked FG’s public work program in Kogi – Committee Chairman, Raji
News2 weeks ago
Oshiomhole threatens to deal with me ― Dep gov’s wife petitions police
Arewa2 weeks ago
Hukumar Hisbah ta kama mabarata 643 a Kano – AREWA News
Crime2 weeks ago
Summon Malami To Provide Evidence Of Corruption Against Me, Magu Tells Salami Panel
Arewa3 weeks ago
Kano Assembly begs NECO to postpone SSCE registration