Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Justice Emmanuel Obile of the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt has struck out an application by a Governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihiama seeking to stop Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki from participating in the party primaries scheduled for Thursday.
Justice Obile struck out the suit after all the parties in the matter agreed to resolve their issues.
2. All the aspirants for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governoship primary in Edo State, including Omoregir Ogbeide-Ihama, have agreed to settle out of court.
Report emerged Wednesday morning that all the parties in the Edo PDP governorship primary election case holding in the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, have agreed to settle their squabbles out of court.
3. Acting National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hilliard Eta, has cried out that his life is under threat.
Eta told journalists in Abuja on Wednesday that he has been notified that political thugs were entering the Federal Capital Territory from Port Harcourt to set the APC national secretariat ablaze.
4. The embattled Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Agboola Ajayi has raised alarm over the withdrawal of his police escort.
Accusing the Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami over the order, Ajayi said that the move was a plot to endanger his life, family and that of his aides.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has said “the law is on the side of Victor Giadom”, in his quest to become the Acting National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).=
The president explained that he has received “very convincing advice” and will hold a virtual meeting with Giadom today (Thursday).
6. he National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Waziri Bulama, has said that a meeting of the National Executive Committee called by Victor Giadom, Deputy National Secretary, was illegal.
Bulama in a statement on Wednesday urged members of the party to disregard the notice of the NEC meeting because Gaidom was not part of the National Working Committee or an APC member.
7. The Presidency has declared that Nigeria will resolve the issue of the demolition of some apartments under construction at the Nigerian High Commission in Accra diplomatically with Ghana.
The Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, told State House Correspondents that Nigeria will not engage in street fight with Ghana over the issue.
8. A total of six hundred and forty-nine cases of coronavirus were recorded in Nigeria on Wednesday.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, Lagos State recorded 250 cases, while Oyo State followed with 100 cases as at Wednesday night.
9. The lawmaker representing Ibaji State constituency in the Kogi State House of Assembly, Honourable John Abah is dead.
Abah, who was serving his second term in the hallowed chamber, was a former chairman House Committee on Appropriation died on Wednesday morning after a protracted illness.
10. The Defence Headquarters says the Air Component of Operation Hadarin Daji, has taken out ten bandits’ locations and eliminated scores of bandits in Katsina and Zamfara States in the last few days.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, in a statement on Wednesday, said the success was recorded in a subsidiary air interdiction operation, codenamed Wutan Daji.
Hausa3 weeks ago
Obaseki: Me ya sa Shugaba Buhari ba ya iya ɗinke ɓarakar jam’iyyar APC?
Health2 weeks ago
Nigeria beats crippling childhood disease, to be declared polio free in August
News2 weeks ago
LaLiga: Real Madrid defeat Sociedad to go top ahead of Barcelona
Arewa2 weeks ago
Ko Kun San Cewa Kudin Tallafin CBN COVID-19 Ba Kyauta Ba Ne, Bashi Ne? – AREWA News
Health2 weeks ago
Nigeria Polio free, WHO declares
Arewa2 weeks ago
Rainstorm destroys over 50 houses in Kebbi — The Guardian Nigeria News
News5 days ago
Serie A: Sarri comments on Cristiano Ronaldo’s performance after Juventus’ 3-1 win over Genoa
More2 weeks ago
Navy monitors ‘every movement’ of Russian destroyer as it sails through English Channel | UK News