1. An Ondo State High Court sitting in Akure, on Wednesday sentenced Seidu Shakiru-Adeyemi to death by hanging for gruesomely killing his girlfriend, Khadijat Oluboyo, daughter of former deputy governor of the state, Lasisi Oluboyo.
Adeyemi was charged for killing his girlfriend, Khadijat, on July 2, 2018, and burying her inside his room at Aratusi, Oke-Aro area of Akure.
2, Three more presidential candidates have separately approached the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja, demanding that it voids the result of the February 23 presidential election.
In their various petitions, the three presidential candidates, of the Hope Democratic Party, HDP, Chief Ambrose Owuru; Peoples Democratic Movement, PDM, Aminchi Habu and Coalition for Change, C4C, Geff Chizee Ojinka, urged the tribunal to invoke its powers and quash the declaration of President Buhari as the bonafide winner of the 2019 presidential election.
3. Barring last minute changes, the 9th National Assembly may not go for proper parliamentary election to choose its leaders.
This position followed the declaration by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Wednesday, wherein it said there may be no voting, but consensus on that day to elect the leaders of the two chambers of the 9th National Assembly.
4. Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has promised that the 2019 budget will be passed when plenary resumes on Tuesday, April 2.
He, however, made it clear that the National Assembly would not rubber stamp the N8.83trn 2019 budget saying, “We hope to pass the appropriation bill as soon as we reconvene plenary”
5. A coalition of 42 registered political parties in Kano State, under the aegis of Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP), have expressed support for the re-election of Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje at the just concluded governorship election.
The CUPP chairman in the state, Alhaji Nuhu Isah, who paid a congratulatory visit to the governor, expressed dismay over a purported news conference held in Kano where it was reported that the coalition condemned the entire process due to alleged electoral irregularities.
6. Gunmen, on Wednesday attacked Suleiman Abubakar, Chairman of Correspondents’ chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Nasarawa state and abducted his wife, Yahanasu Abubakar.
Suleiman told newsmen that the incident happened at about 7 p.m. along Gudi-Garaku road in Akwanga Local Government Area of the state.
7. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Wednesday, in a Federal High Court, opened its case in the trial of a former Director, Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Tuoyo Omatsuli, over alleged N3.6 billion fraud.
The anti-graft agency on Nov. 8, 2018, arraigned Omatsuli alongside Don Parker Properties Ltd., Francis Momoh, and Building Associates Ltd. before Justice Saliu Saidu on a 45-count charge bordering on the alleged offence.
8. The Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF), Mr Ahmed Idris, on Wednesday said the Federal Government shared N619.85 billion, as revenue generated in February to the three tiers of government.
The amount showed an increase of about N9.49 billion from what was shared in January.
9. The Founder of Daar Communications PLC, Raymond Dokpesi, on Wednesday said he was invited by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) on issues related to his International Passport.
Dokpesi told newsmen at the gate of the Immigration Head office in Abuja, shortly after an interrogation that lasted for about two hours, that the service wanted him to leave his passport with them.
10. Ahead of the Thursday supplementary poll, the Adamawa State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has urged its supporters to turn out massively for the poll.
The state PDP Chairman, Mr Tahir Shehu, alleged that the state government, led by the All Progressives Congress (APC), was planning to import thugs from Kaduna and Kano states to cause mayhem and manipulate the process to ensure victory for the APC candidate.
News3 weeks ago
LaLiga: Real Madrid defeat Sociedad to go top ahead of Barcelona
Arewa3 weeks ago
Rainstorm destroys over 50 houses in Kebbi — The Guardian Nigeria News
News1 week ago
Serie A: Sarri comments on Cristiano Ronaldo’s performance after Juventus’ 3-1 win over Genoa
Buhari2 weeks ago
New twists in APC as Buhari backs GiadomNigeria — The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News
News3 weeks ago
LaLiga: Zidane reacts as Real Madrid beat Sociedad to knock Barcelona off top spot
More3 weeks ago
Navy monitors ‘every movement’ of Russian destroyer as it sails through English Channel | UK News
Health2 weeks ago
Coronavirus: Scientists grow mini organs to see how COVID-19 attacks the body | Science & Tech News
Buhari2 weeks ago
‘Nigeria may lose out on COVID-19 vaccine’ — The Guardian Nigeria News