Connect with us

Arewa

3 killed, 4 injured in fatal road crash in Yobe

Three persons were feared dead and four others sustained various degrees of injuries in a fatal road crash off a military checkpoint in Ngelzarma town in Fune Local Government Area, Yobe state.

The fatal road crash which occurred at about 3pm on Tuesday involved a Golf Wagon and a trailer which led to the death of the three occupants of the golf car including the driver.

The two vehicles had a head-on collision with some eyewitness blaming the golf car driver of approaching the trailer head-on and crushed it, leading to the death of the three passengers with four other sustaining injuries.

The injured passengers were evacuated and taken to the general hospital Damagun including a woman and her baby whose husband is among the dead.

The trailer and the golf car were travelling on different directions. While one was from Kano, the other was going to Maiduguri, Borno state.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Arewa

Finally, President Buhari signs Minimum Wage Bill into law

President Muhammadu Buhari has finally signed the National Minimum Wage Bill into law.

The new national minimum wage had earlier been passed by the National Assembly.

Last week, Nigerian workers pleaded with the President to sign the bill.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Saraki reacts to signing of Minimum Wage Bill into law by Buhari

Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate President, has reacted as President Muhammadu Buhari signed the Minimum Wage Repeal and Reenactment Bill, 2019 into law.

DAILY POST had reported that Senator Ita Enang, Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters(Senate) disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The Senate had on March 19, approved N30, 000 as the new national minimum wage with an appeal to the Federal Government to expedite action on assent and implementation.

“This makes it compulsory for all employers of labour in Nigeria to pay their workers the sum of N30,000 and this excludes persons who are employing less than 25 workers; persons who work in a ship which sail out of jurisdiction; persons who are in other kinds of regulated employments are excepted by the Act.

Reacting, Saraki on Twitter, while congratulating Nigerians, said the reviewed wage, which is aimed at increasing the productivity of Nigerian workers, is a good step in the right direction.

He said, ”I congratulate Nigerian workers on the assent of the N30,000 minimum wage into law.

”This reviewed wage, which is aimed at increasing the productivity of Nigerian workers, is a good step in the right direction for our nation’s workforce — who are the lifeblood of our dear country.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Arewa

Nigerian Railway speaks on train killing two persons in Kano

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Thursday denied a report that a train crushed two people to death in Kano.

DAILY POST had reported that the Police in Kano State on Tuesday confirmed the death of two persons, who were crushed to death by a train in the state capital.

He said, “On April 16, at about 8am the police received a report that two yet-to-be-identified persons, who were stretched out on the railway track, had been crushed to death by a moving train behind Kano Club in Nasarawa Local Government Area of the state.”

But, a statement by Abdullahi Alhaji, the Public Relations Officer of the Zaria District of the corporation on Thursday claimed that some individuals brought out mutilated corpses and placed on the rail track to create the impression of the purported accident.

He said, “On behalf of the Nigerian Railway Corporation management, Northern District, Zaria, I hereby call the attention of the general public, especially people of Nasarawa LGA of Kano State in respect of the train accident that allegedly killed two people in the area.

“Investigations carried out by the District Railway Police Command and Public Relations Officer of the District; reveal that the information transmitted is false as there was no accident on the train.

“However, NRC northern district is of the opinion that the killing was perpetrated by unknown people who came to dump the mutilated corpses on the track to give the impression that they were killed by the train,” he said.

He advised the public to disregard such information that it killed two persons, adding that a train cannot hit and kill a person or persons without traces of blood, flesh or others signs on it.

“Therefore, this release is intended to correct the erroneous impression that they were killed by the train.

“By and large, the NRC will continue to sensitise the public on the dangers of trespassing on the track to forestall such occurrences,

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: